WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

Patric
New Community Member

I will be closing my account. Wikileaks did not fund or orchestrate the theft of the cables. They are no different then the New York Times or other organizations reporting the contents of these cables. Did paypal close any of the accounts for other journalists that are publishing the cables?

I will be closing my account. Wikileaks did not fund or orchestrate the theft of the cables. They are no different then the New York Times or other organizations reporting the contents of these cables. Did paypal close any of the accounts for other journalists that are publishing the cables?

Shame on you Paypal.

Shame on you Paypal.

Former Customer

Login to Me Too

r00t4rd3d
Contributor
Contributor

They arrested our hero, Juilan Assange. Its a sad day for the world.

Login to Me Too

angryNYC

I sent some money to wikileaks via Paypal on Dec. 3rd, hours before they announced the WL account freeze. My transaction still went through, and  I received no answer to my email asking to refund it.  Does it mean they just pocketed my money? Anything I can do about it? It was a token amount, but still....any advice on what I can do?

Login to Me Too

LightworksGal
New Community Member

It seems to me that realistic appraisal of the Wikileaks situation suggests that no convictions have been made, no charges brought (to my knowledge, other than in the news as posturing), no subpoenas, no grand juries...

So how does PayPay make a determination of breach of terms? Through what they think will happen, or simply that they are fearful of their possible involvement, and afraid to stand up for free speech.

Login to Me Too

r00t4rd3d
Contributor
Contributor

paypal in an unamerican crap company.

game over.

Login to Me Too

hh1951
Contributor
Contributor

Government pressure

Login to Me Too

Maria4sure

WikiLeaks has never been charged with a crime, let alone indicted for one or convicted of one.  A consensus of legal experts agree (from the article below) that prosecuting the organization or Julian Assange for any of its leaks would be difficult in the extreme.  So why did Paypal shut down their account????  We all know the answer to that, they are also bought and paid for by the Elitist cabal that is taking down our Republic. 

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/06/wikileaks

Thanks Paypal for proving yourself to be the gutless, spineless company that it is in front of the world!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MOE2010
New Community Member

I just wanted to say that I completely agree with Paypal for their actions.

It's very nice to be given information,but sometimes there are things that we can't know so that others don't know, in order to keep our country safe. Better safe than sorry. And WikiLeaks is not American, so what do they care if a country decides to blow us up because of info they leaked?

Login to Me Too

pridetwo
Contributor
Contributor

@MOE2010: We're not Iraqi, here in the states. What do we care if their country falls apart when we take away their government we don't like?  See what I just did there? If you're going to make an argument, make an argument. Wikileaks' Julian Assange is Australian, immigrated to UK/Sweden. Paypal's decision to close the account, as well as Visa, Mastercard, and Amazon's closures of relevant Wikileaks accounts, is a direct assertion of the status quo. 

I'd like to hear of any instance where a Wikileak'd piece of information adversely affects the positive action of the US government or other organizations. That's a pretty lenient request, yes? All I want to know is what has Assange done to wrong anyone other than threaten the ivory tower that has become the US government. Rove leaks CIA names, directly endangering field ops in 07 and no one cares, no one does anything. But when Wikileaks starts releasing memos that the pakistani government is/has been working double against us, that US has been selling weapons to terrorists for decades, or any of the other INFORMATION, people are up in arms. Ignorance, fear, and selfishness disgust me.

Please, please, someone give me a cohesive argument to the latter. PLEASE.

Oh and paypal, I'm incredibly disappointed with the decision. Your service opened as a way to freely and securely make customer and seller-safe transactions over the internet but has transformed into another pawn in the financial industry for government interests. I suppose I could rant on the depravity of the US government that has become a race to keep your job by making it harder for others to get it, not by being productive, intelligent, or improving the lives of the constituents, but I'll just say that any election where the incumbent wins over 90% of the time (overall statistic for US, including congressional, senate, presidential, state congressional, mayoral, and governor elections) is a broken system. Paypal is just part of that system now.

Login to Me Too

tallenmorris
New Community Member

I will be boycotting PayPal and will proceed to close my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.