WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

JJ11

Xanas
Contributor
Contributor

Woo hoo, show off that patriotism by ... oh, you mean being cowardly and caving to fanatics who are afraid of information getting out?  By doing what people want who are afraid of information they haven't even read or looked at? 

Login to Me Too

aliendancer
Contributor
Contributor

I must have gotten my donation in just under the wire.

Paypal You are a coward and what you have done is not patriot. Dissent is patriot. I may not close my account today but I will begin looking for alternative payment methods and getting them established. As soon as I have done this you are history.

How dare you decide who I have a right to support. What you have done is more than just censorship. You have taken away many peoples ability to support an organization with which they agree as many will not know how they can send funds by other methods safely.

You are a detriment to democratic action.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220728J
Contributor
Contributor

@pqdace wrote:

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Are you guys out of your mind?
Censoring a whistle blower who is NOT EVEN CONVICTED of anything?
I thought that gagging / silencing a dissident in that fashion was only possible in darkest China, but heck, no. PayPal becomes instrumental for a government.
(Hint-Hint: Act AFTER they are convicted of anything, NEVER BEFORE).

And by the way: This makes them complicit of EXACTLY WHAT? Debunking some low-life DIPLOMATS that should rather have been diplomatic instead being of insulting and obnoxious in their demeanor?

Good grief, the US is turning into something much worse than imaginable. Like Nazi Germany where opposing forces were simply eradicated.

Login to Me Too

time2boycott
Contributor
Contributor

Let this be a lesson to PayPal to stay out of politics!

Login to Me Too

waccyc

I applaud you paypal for stepping up and taking action against Wiki. Politics includes everyone who is a citizen. It takes real people to step up and take action. I suppose the same people who support Wiki would turn their heads passing a fellow citizen being mugged or murdered on the street, because they are to chicken **bleep** to step up. I hope all the Wiki supporters sleep safe and sound in their beds at night!  PAYPAL you are a true hero in my book.

Login to Me Too

NadaLAtoday
Contributor
Contributor
Your post makes very little sense. Who in your community has been threatened by Wikileaks? If not in the community, who exactly is being harmed in Iraq and Afgahnistan by Wikileaks? You will say it jeopardizes the mission in general, it's against the troops. Yet how about soldiers who had to buy their own flack jackets and other military equipment because the military was so cheap? Shouldn't PayPal refused to do business with the jackals who made a killing of the fact the troops where given terrible equipment by the government? Who was the last person in your entire -state- who was threatened by Wikileaks?
Login to Me Too

WinstonSmith
Contributor
Contributor

This action by Paypal will mean I will cancel my account with them next week unless I hear reason why they have done this.. Wikileaks has not been found guilty in a court of law for anything. Perhaps the company should look at the OK given by Secretary of State Clinton who allowed spying on the Secretary Generals Credit Card account as an illegal act not Wikileaks who exposed our leaders for what they are. A criminal syndicate that starts wars with over a million dead in Iraq on false pretenses and then leaves depleted uranium littering Iraq.. I'm canceling with Paypal for complicity.

Login to Me Too

ettubutte

When Bush invaded Iraq all the TV stations got together and refused to air anything from Al Jazeera. I cancelled my Direct TV and saved $100/mo. Oh, I missed it, but I still won't get it back. I can read between the lines if I have to figure out  the lie du jour on CBS, with "Katie Couric and The Cotton Candy News". I will not support government censorship or anybody that does. Now PayPal can take their "service" and shove it too. I want a place where I can send my money to WikiLeaks. The best gem I've heard so far from WikiLeaks is that My Man, Barak Obama, has twisted arms over in Spain to stop their prosecution, in absentia, of the Bush Gang for the war crime of torture. That explains why Bush now feels free enough to appear in public again, instead of using his wife and kids for shields. This ain't much, I know, but it's all I can think of yet.  

Login to Me Too

samsaxton
New Community Member

Dear Paypal,

Effectively immediately I will be cancelling my paypal account due to you dropping our ability to sponsor WikiLeaks through the Wau Holland Foundation.

I signed up for my paypal account in 2006 and have been a strong advocate of your services ever since.  However your recent decision to drop WikiLeaks leaves me no choice but to vote with my feet.  Therefore as of today I will no longer use paypal as a payment provider.

I encourage others who are outraged by the hypocrisy that paypal has displayed to follow suit.  Amazon has received a similar letter, ebay is next on my list and any other providers that refuse to business with WikiLeaks will also be reprimanded by the consumer backlash that is about to follow.

Best regards,

Sam Saxton from New Zealand

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.