Weekly Community Chat - 5/10/11 CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Tuesday, May 10th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  We also commonly host trivia questions, with kudos from the attending Moderators as a prize!

This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The Community Chat is now open and unlocked!  Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Decorum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat will be a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! :smileyhappy:

To start the day off, share with us one of your favorite childhood books.  Mine?  They're here.  My first experience with eBay and PayPal was collecting this entire series (that I didn't already have), some of which are now, sadly, very rare. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

My very most favorite book in the world when I was a kid was There's No Such Thing As A Dragon. It had a record that came with it to read along with that had a song as well.

If I had a record player, I'd totally be making a nostalgia-driven impulse purchase.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone,

I had a lot of favorite childhood books that are coming back today, which is a good feeling! One of my favorite ones is here - The Berenstain Bears, I actually have the first book there - Go to Camp. Wow how time flies. Smiley Sad

Misty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

So here's one of my favorite series I read when I was younger.  Awesome story, great characters, and believable (well, considering the genre) situations.  And of course it started a book obsession that costs me the GNP of a small nation today.  Oh well... 🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hey Andy - I think I read at least one of those 🙂 The title reminds me of another series by Jennifer Roberson that I liked called Sword Dancer.

Funny that I've mentioned her twice since are those only books by her that I've read.

I think the author I've read the most by is Stephen King.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Amanda- Yeah, I've heard of that series as well...I may actually own some of them....I have far too many books and things get...misplaced.

Stephen King is always a good read.  I really loved the Dark Tower series and it's off shoots.  The Talisman and Black House we're really good for that.

I'm also a big Dean Koontz fan.  He's like a less dark Stephen King and usually has a positive ending.  Which is nice in nowadays.  And the Wheel of Time series, and anything by Brandon Sanderson, and...yeah.  Way too many books. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Nice chatting with everyone!

See you all next time...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Amanda - see you later!

Andy - Dark Tower is, in my opinion, the magnum opus of Stephen King.  I made the mistake of introducing it to a friend one time.  She stole three of my books!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

If we're going to bring more mature books into this, I'd have to recommend Terry Pratchett's Discworld series!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.