This concerns the picture on the start page of papal.

walkingplow
Contributor
Contributor

It may be that you would allow your daughter to kiss a young man in such a way. However, in our family we do not raise our children to be so care less. The ages of the kids you show in this picture are far too young to be intimate with each other. It is completely irresponsible for you to show pictures of two kids kissing in this way.

As a parent who has, four kids two boys and two girls. I raise my sons to respect a girl’s purity, to honor her innocence. Not to toy with her emotions to see how far he can go, before it is too late.

And our girls know the dangers of a teenage boys sex drive. And the importance to remain pure for her husband to be.

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@pocketemo wrote:

This topic may be old but i am choosing its as the platform for my 1st post ofmrthis reason.

!st if you look most posts here are peoples 1st post meaning they only have 1 post,

since they posted here they have not posted anywhere else on the forum and

still only have one post.  looks to me as if the original poster made a few extra

account aimply to make it look as if people care about this issue.

No one cars if 2 young people kiss and this is not a place of bussiness

it is simply a tool to transfer money from one person to the next.

No matter ig its 2 girls or 2 guys it makes no differance it is only a picture

and its up to you to control what your kids see not paypal or anyone else.

again like i said this is a tool not a bussiness or an office

it is only a tool to help you transfer funds if you have a problem

with the tool use another and stop whining and making multis

here.

Yes this was first posted on the Paypal board on the Ebay site. 

The "I hate paypal with every breath" crew were all over this picture.  That paypal should remove it, that it is inappropriate, that its immoral.

Login to Me Too

NYC174
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe the reason some people only have one post is because they were irritated enough by the picture (me) that they signed on just for this particular forum/post (me) and never posted anywhere else (me).  I am so tired of looking at that picture.  The fact that they have left it up for so long raises questions.  Why don't they want to change it?  Are they purposely trying to get a reaction?  If so, it does seem to be working.  The fact that they don't seem to care what their customers think raises my blood pressure a little.  If I could find another way to transfer money, I would, but I'm a slave to convenience.  Note to Paypal:  Use the picture to advertise the movies you're selling (oh, that's right, you're not an advertising site) but don't force me to look at it every time I sign on.

Login to Me Too

PhotoMustGo
New Community Member

For the record - this is my first post and I specifically got on this forum to see if others had complained about the photo too. I was very glad to see that I am not alone. I'm not a Mom, don't have kids but do have a general concern for appropriateness in the public environment and a distaste for poor marketing practices. It appears to be two young people, both girls, engaged in a passionate kiss which is irrelevant and unnecessary for a business site. And, in my opinion, it is being used as an agenda to promote a political statement. What does that have to do with a PayPal account?

I emailed a complaint to PayPal a month ago and still no response from them and now that's the only photo I see when I login. I think they are using this small controversy over this photo to get a buzz generated to promote themselves (a very underhanded marketing tactic) and unfortunately our posts are contributing to that buzz. As a result I'll be switching to ProPay or any other site that doesn't force me to see photos like this every time I login. If they could give us the option to customize our login page and choose a picture we want to see then I wouldn't be so offended but that's not the case here.

Yes there are other things in this world that are more important than a racey photo on a business site but little battles like this, if gone ignored, turn into bigger battles later. What will they challenge next? If we don't complain then they may try it again with a different photo that's worse. The bottom line is that PayPal is a site for banking and business purposes that has nothing to do with political agendas and teens kissing, so they should use neutral and business-like images to promote their services and themselves. 

Sincerely,

Soon-to-be former-PayPal user

Login to Me Too

Kaat1220
Contributor
Contributor

While I understand your concern, you are overreacting a bit. First: it is a picture

of two kids about 16 with their faces close together. It is probably after prom,

and they are sharing a quite innocent kiss goodnight. It is not showing

tongue action or inappropriate dress.

Second: Who said that it is careless? You are inserting that into the backstory. I do

not feel that your kids will see this and say "whoa, I am going to get me some sex."

If you have instilled your kids with proper values, you should trust them

not to go nuts after seeing an innocent photo. 

Third: As for the person who says this is clearly a girl kissing a girl. Maybe it is;

maybe it is not. Teenaged boys around 16 often look effeminate due to the

fact that they have not grown into their bodies. You guys are inserting

your own backstories into a rather G-Rated photo. Disney shows more than this. 

Login to Me Too

justsaranoh
Contributor
Contributor

Personally, I don't see what ANYONE kissing has to do with PayPal.  But, that said - if all you have to worry about is a picture that shows up on one page of a website I'm assuming you don't spend your entire life on, then you certainly must have a charmed life.  You AND all of your kids that will find themselves much much too innocent when they get out there in the REAL world!

Login to Me Too

Chompey

If you're old enough to use PayPal, you're old enough to handle such a mild picture. And if you're scared of your children being scarred by such a thing like kissing, you should really consider why they're on PayPal to begin with (or looking at you logging on; they shouldn't be watching you put in important information anyways).

Either way, as a consumer I have absolutely no problem with the picture. The only problem I would have is if it was a picture relaying a concept/idea that is very debatable (which just leads to problems galore). And no, a man and a woman kissing after what appears to be prom night is NOT a debatable issue.

Login to Me Too

GravelGavel
New Community Member

For some time now, we all have been presented with the following image when going to paypal: Necklace selected. Privacy protected.

Anyone else tired of ths graphic, or wish they were greated by something other than some weird couple kissing?  For me this does NOT inspire anything professional, for a site that is supppose to help me pick up payments from my clients.  I feel the graphic is inappropriate and lacks taste, at the very least!  PayPal if you are listening, here's my vote to remove the home page graphic or at least update it!

What are your thoughts?

Login to Me Too

icisec
Contributor
Contributor

I have always supported paypal since before ebay.  Now I’m going to set up an account at google pay.  The picture on the home page of two women kissing is unconscionable.  I cannot condone this picture and Iam offended that paypal is allowing such a thing.  I thought the Mormons who run ebay would be offended by such a display.

Whats next?  Two guys lying in bed on the computer?

Login to Me Too

squaretrader
Contributor
Contributor

Take the photo of two CHILREN kissing OFF.  They are too young.  Furthermore, what does kissing have to do with paying for items?  This photo is extremely offensive.

Login to Me Too

Wilcox1976
Contributor
Contributor

Some of the photo images shown on PayPal's start page have been very nice.  I don't like the current one and wish PP would remove it...  And "that's all I have to say about that"

Blessings,

John 20:29

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.