The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@faithsch wrote:

I just dialed the number for  corporate office and it is a non working number. fyi.

To call PayPal, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal website page and select the "Call Us" option to obtain a Web PIN number and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Login to Me Too

Musa
Contributor
Contributor

sounds like you dialed/used the wrong (Corporate Office) number.  everything i've ever needed to handle I used the usual 888 221-1161

Login to Me Too

goodcredit

Previous post:

Don't know what the big deal is about contacting Paypal.  Just use the Internet to find the corporate offices. 

Paypal Corporate Office | Headquarters
2211 North First Street San Jose, CA 95131
(402)935-2258

Here's the big deal;it's all lies. Why does a corporate office in San Jose, CA have an eastern NEBRASKA phone number???  It gets better, the Nebraska phone connects you with a PayPal representative in the PHILIPPINES!!!!!  Where is PayPal really????  The rep in the Philippines has a script to read from and will repeat the same sentences as many times as you want  BUT can they solve the problem NO.  Ask for a supervisor, THEY have the same script.  Now I have to give credit to the supervisor, she at least knew the phone number listed had an Omaha Nebraska area code.  I think Ebay may soon find out that they've shot themselves in the foot by hooking up with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Musa
Contributor
Contributor

eBay owns PayPal

Login to Me Too

jdvmsr
Contributor
Contributor

DOES NO GOOD to contact them, when the phone peaople cant understand basic english, being in Bangladesh or Delli India or some other hidy-hole. I called, used emails and had my supplier call and send emails and Paypal still holds the funds. I am convinced these delays are used to hold funds for purposes they are not disclossing. CONTACT does NO good, when the contact is unable or unwilling to make the changes. This parallizing effect effectivly stops the commerce, and the paypal folk appear to trade on the numbers of ignorant suckers, such as myself, that get lured into the convienience trap.

Login to Me Too

ponytail1414
Contributor
Contributor

I was notified I was getting a payment, a wire transfer from a company known to paypal and ceritifed, this morning, April 7. Then came an email from Paypal saying i can't have my money until April 13. That is absurd, it's just them earning interest on MY MONEY. After negotiating the "Contact us" process, which is designed to keep them ever from having to talk to a customer, I finally got a human being, She gave me a load of baloney about how it has to go through the "Federal research" process (huh??) and then she said it was MY bank's policy to hold it back  (huh?). I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said she was transferring me, but the line went dead.

I then jumped through all the hoops again and got a second person, who gave me the same idiot lie about its being my bank's policy. I told her I get money wired to that bank all the time, and it happens instantly, not a week later. I asked again for a supervisor. This time I got one, and he admitted it wasn't my bank. He also said it's out of their hands. BALONEY! They are holding our money back to earn interest on it. POO! I want my money!

Login to Me Too

SheltonMac
Contributor
Contributor

Now they came up with another way of messing with us.  On the 5th I got a notice from eBay, that due to 8 people saying shipping time was 'slow' (even though all items arrived with the time posted in the listing) - all occuring back in the winter during the big snow storms - out almost 150 sales - that starting in June my funds would start going back to 'pending' again.

Then last night, at 530pm I posted to sale listings - everything went as usual.  No Problems.

2 hours later I went to post another item, and it was rejected - as being over my seller limit!  I got a box that showed that I've already had $300 of sales (counting the 2 items I had listed at 530pm) this month, and that I couldn't list an item for $125, because it OVER my new monthly limit of over $900!  Gotta love the math they use!

What I really don't understand is how they are actually cutting their own profits with this BS - as my usual monthly sales is between $4,500 and $6,000.  Guess their stockholders don't like profits?

Good thing for me . . . . is I'll have more time to go fishing when the season starts next week!!!

Login to Me Too

cardcoinstamps
Contributor
Contributor

I did not know there was also a limit imposed. Occasionaly I sell a high dollar item like gold or a large silver bar,which can be several thousand dollars. It seems kind of strange to see a $3500 bar of silver listed,sold,sent and positive feedback from both sides,and have the money available instantly. The next week I cant collect funds on a three dollar item without a 21 day hold.Ive just about had it with e-bay and paypal. The fee on my shipping charges may be the last straw.E-bay and paypal are one and the same. Paypal already takes a % of the entire fee including shipping,and now e-bay is taking additional % on the shipping.I have news for folks,THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE SHIPPING!. Any idea how much it costs to package,insure,mail and track an item like a silver bar that weighs 8 pounds? By the time e-bay,the USPS,and paypal get their cut,I make about  $23  profit on a  $3200 item. items under $5 are hardly worth the time now.You cant afford to track a 5 dollar item in the mail,pay fees,and hope some moron wont claim they never got the item.Now youre telling me there is a listing limit too?. I think I will put pay pal on a 21 month hold,pending my approval.

Login to Me Too

SheltonMac
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, but there is FREE Shipping to the USA - if your in Asia!

I've made a couple small (under $20) purchases  from vendors in Hong Kong, and China - all had FREE SHIPPING.  On one purchase that came to $9.50 - it came a few days later, with postage of $18 (was showing US amount).  When I inquired from the vendor how that could be - I was told it was a government program that provides them shipping for exporting.

Only drawback I've found is that some of these guys are working eBay with multiple accounts and restrict how often you can buy from them.

Example:  I bought some HDMI cables for $1.90 each (FREE SHIPPING), liked them and when I went back to get more was blocked from making a purchase.  So did a search for the cables and listed by price (Low to High), the next 6 vendors (none of which I had knowingly used) blocked me as well - all stating that I had made too many purchases from them recently.  When I looked at their location - all were in the same Chinese city . . . . go figure  😉

Login to Me Too

LOLPP
New Community Member

Yep they closed my 5000.00 a week account for no reason what so ever.. I called to see why they "LIMITED" me and all I got was that they made a business decision, and that I could not appeal it..10 years with this S@&# company and they just shut me down and tie up my money for 180 days with no explantion..What PAYPAL your not getting enough of my pie? Time for an attorney I guess. YOu guys are the joke of the internet. I have other options that are actually cheaper, so that is your loss, but you certainly hurt me by locking up my cash. YOU A FRIGGIN JOKE. See you in court **bleep** holes..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.