The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

SupSvc
Contributor
Contributor

"Paypal Customer Support....This Peggy..."

That's about what I expect when I call.  I don't get anywhere when I call.  They just say they'll investigate the issue.  I have had money taken from my account -only $55 - but if I had more money in there, it would have been taken.  I've had the following fraudulent transactions occur in the past 2 weeks: 

$1800 to Lufthansa Airlines (I don't fly, never have - so definitely wasn't me. And I never keep that much in the account, so the transaction failed.)

$35.40 to Spokeo - a site I don't use.  Transaction successful.

$10 to Skype - I use Skype, but didn't purchase anything that day

$10 to Skype - same day, same amount, 2 minutes after the original transaction.

So far, Paypal has proven completely unhelpful.  The rep I spoke to at Spokeo was far more helpful - she spent 30 minutes on the phone with me trying to find the transaction by phone number, name, address, company name, and the last 4 of my Paypal debit card.  The transaction doesn't exist in their records, so it's obviously fraudulent.  

From Paypal so far, I have received ONE email in response to my multiple emails to them requesting help (since a phone call resulted in no help at all).  Their email response?  A canned response telling me how to avoid phishing.  Nice - great help, Paypal.  

I have filed the required dispute form, but truly, I"m pretty sure I'm going to get hosed on this.  I've come to expect nothing less than complete dishonesty and lack of customer service from Paypal.  How sad. 

Login to Me Too

jljohnson740
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a credit card for a long time...we use it at Christmas mostly.not a Paypal Credit card though. Anyway..this year I'm trying to use it and it's not maxed or anything..all of a sudden I'm told I have to confirm and that  a "code" was sent to me 3 times or is on our statements.Well..you won' t believe this but my husband throws the paper ones away. I can only view 3 mos at a time and they tell me this "code" is on the statements...I have no idea which one however. So..i'm without a code and now they say they can't send it any more. So..what do I do??? I haven't called anyone yet but sent 2 e-mails. I have no idea why he throws those statement out after he pays...I pay it online anyway...he's great with everything else but I was shocked he wasn't keeping the paper statements. How in the heck can I find this code now???? Do I need to just take the card off altogether then come back and start over and place it on my paypal account..will that make a difference and work? It' doens't even expire until May 13 for pete's sake...I don't know what they are talking about!

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER

Login to Me Too

aknaturelvr
New Community Member

I am so angry I could spit nails tonight. On Dec 8, I purchased a pressure washer on Ebay that stated shipping to the United States and did not restrict AK or HI on their listing. I purchased by Buy It Now and immediately had the funds transferred to them from my bank account by Paypal. By 8am Dec 9 they responded they could not ship the washer to Alaska and would refund my money unless I wanted them to ship it to an address in the Lower 48. I said no, refund the money as the washer was a Christmas gift for here. 

The refund was issued immediately, but Paypal put their 3-4 business day hold on the funds. Both the Seller and I used electronic transfer of funds which is immediate, so why is there a hold at all? I need this money to purchase a pressure washer here locally (for several hundred dollars more of course). By Wednesday Dec 13, I called to see where my funds were and the girl said they would be held 5 business days (guess that sounds better than one week), but assured me the funds would be transferred back into my bank account by the following day. 

Today (Dec 16, two days later) I checked my account and no funds. Not in Paypal, not in my bank account. I called Paypal again and got the spiel the funds were in my Paypal account and would not be transferred without I request it and of course, it will take another 3-4 business days to accomplish. I went back into my Paypal account and what do you know... the funds show up there. I told her I had demanded the funds be transferred into my bank account on Dec 14, with the assurance it would be done. 

Does anyone else see what's going on here? I am done with the dishonesty of this company. Charge a fee for transfer, but don't hold my money hostage for two weeks! I can't even close out my account with Paypal until the transfer is completed. But you can bet your sweet *** I am going to. I trust my bank a **bleep** of a lot more than I do this virtual company. 

Login to Me Too

SheltonMac
Contributor
Contributor

Here's more BS from this scam company.  Thanks to a different (BS) issue, my account of 10 years was switched over to a restricted status - where my funds go into pending till 3 days after confirmed delivery (feedback no longer matters thanks to Paypal deciding that the Buyer's can't be trusted) about 4 months ago. 

According to Paypal the restrictions are supposed to include that shipping fees are supposed to be released right after shipping labels are printed out - guess what doesn't work . . . . you got it.  Paypal and eBay both blame the other company's website (even funnier when you realize that eBay OWNS Paypal).  I have wasted plenty of time going back and forth between their two tech support teams - usually wraps up when either Paypal or eBay's tech person just hangs up.

As far that releasing my funds 3 days after confirmed delivery . . . . surprise!  that doesn't work either.  If I wait till the 3rd day, and call, they always tell me that my funds were just about to be relased 'automatically' (supposedly twice a day all funds that are due to release, get released).  If I wait till the 4th (or a later date), I get smoke blown up my @ss about it being a rare 'glitch' - BS!!!  same thing happens EVERYTIME is not a 'glitch'!

Thanks to their BS, I'm finding that Craigslist is actually handling 2/3s of my sales currently - and with almost better revenue.  If it weren't for all the scam artists being annoying on CL, I switch completely over.  Though my Xmas present to eBay and Paypal . . . . . I'm not selling ANYTHING on their **bleep** site for 30 days - Merry Christmas eBay and Paypal shareholders!

Login to Me Too

Cactus55
Contributor
Contributor

Having been with Paypal / E-Bay as a seller and using Paypal on my website since 2000, I have had it. They froze my funds. I shipped a package to a disreputable buyer in China. I provided tracking info and jumped through ALL kinds of hoops for Paypal.

Long story short, they gave him my money ($210) and I am out my product, my time and my shipping cost for Express International ($45). He now has the product, my money and is having a good laugh!

Add insult to injury, the "so called" Service Reps at Paypal treated me like I was an idiot and were unbelievably rude.

They did not give a rat's **bleep** that I was a client since 2000, bringing in a sizeable revenue with both E-Bay and website sales. They don't give a crap because regardless of what happens, they still get paid.

Lesson learned. There are reputable services out there that treat long time customers like gold - not like manure.

I'm in the process of removing their buttons from my website and I am advising my friends to do the same.

As soon as my listings end on E-Bay, I'm switching to other marketplaces.

If you don't stand for something - you'll fall for anything. It's time to give these greedy bullies a good punch in the face.

I'm out -

Login to Me Too

forum
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,  Suggestions for other market places would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

the1computerwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Wow...this sounds familiar. They Have my money for Christmas all locked up. $1700.00 and I have been paid since the 5th of December. My customers are all pieved at me because I had 1700 dollars, but couldn't ship anything because I couldn't have any of the money. Then I tried to use my verified bank accout to transfer funds to ship with, because my normal pay with the bank shipping wouldn't work either. Then the transfer was held for a week to clear. So now I have one sale who calls them and complains about how long it's taking, and they tell him to hold a case on me!! So now I have to wait for those funds to clear, and the other auction that I was paid for on the 5th, is still unavailable also. I have been on Ebay sincs 1996, with 100% positive feedback, and 350 auctions to my credit and Paypal is **bleep**ing me over. I have written 8 emails, and all I get is bull**bleep** patent lame replies that don't explain anything. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit against these idiots. I am so sick of being transfered from one idiot to another and not accomplishing anythings it's rediculous. These people think they can do whatever they want. Did anyone say "we have changed policies and your money may be tied up" NO....this was my kids Christmas money!!!  This is a bunch of crap.  Think about this for a minute...if you hold everybodys money for a month. How many millions of dollars could this be. What would the interest alone be on all this money?????????????   Why isn't the goverment doing anything about this??? You just can't do whatever you want to do with peoples money. There were no warnings or explanations about them doing this at all. If you bank held your deposits and wouldn't let you have your money for 21 days, what do you think would happen??? It would be anarchy in the streets. But because these idiots aren't in this country, they get away with all this crap. Again,,, class action lawsuit. We need Jeffrey Fieger to sue these freakin people!!! This is more than a BIG LIE....it's a big **bleep**ing of the American people!!!!

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor
WHEN YOU DEAL WITH  WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING THE DAY YOU CALLED THE TIME YOU CALLED WHO YOU TALKED TO  "GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE"!!!!!!" THE NUMBER YOU CALLED, THE FAX NUMBER AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THAT IN YOUR EMAIL OR FAX OF WHO YOU TALKED TO I USUALLY ADDRESS MINE TO "NO NAME", FAKE NAME OR CLUELESS  AND WHAT THE CONVERSATION ENTAILS, ETC., ETC.  TO WHOEVER OR WHAT EVER IN THIS CASE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OR WHO EVER THIS WOULD BE SINCE "THE BIG THREE" ARE NOT FROM THIS PLANET!!!!!! YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE, THANK GOODNESS FOR TECHNOLOGY ANYTHING THAT IS DONE ON A COMPUTER, PHONE, FAX, EMAIL ANYTHING CAN BE TRACED AND PROVEN, "THE BIG THREE" WILL FAIL MISERABLY ON THIS ONE BECAUSE 95% OF THE PEOPLE I HAVE DEALT WITH HAVE "NO NAMES, FAKE NAMES AND IF THEY GIVE YOU A NAME YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT IS THERE REAL NAME" I WOULD TAKE THE LATTER ON THIS ONE. THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE ARE CONTINUOUSLY SENT INFORMATION BY EMAIL, MAIL AND PHONE FROM ME  PERTAINING TO"THE BIG THREE"!!!!! IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT "THE BIG THREE" WERE THIS CORRUPT AND HAD THAT MANY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS I WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER EVER SIGNED UP WITH THEM NEVER!!!!!  AND OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO DO THE SAME THAT HAVE BEEN **bleep**ED BY "THE BIG THREE" AND CONTINUE TO BE **bleep**ED BY "THE BIG THREE" !!!!!!. I THINK "THE BIG THREE" DO THIS TYPE OF PRACTICE DELIBERATELY IN HOPES THAT "WE" THE "CUSTOMERS" WILL GO AWAY BECAUSE WE WILL GET FRUSTRATED OR ARE TOO BUSY ETC., AND "THE BIG THREE" ARE HOPING THAT "WE" THE "CUSTOMERS" WILL BE TOO BUSY TO FOLLOW THROUGH, MAYBE THAT IS THE TRAINING THEY GOT FROM "THE BIG LEADER" ON "THE PLANET URANUS"!!!!!  FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND AND HAVE SEEN AND READ AND EXPERIENCED WITH "THE BIG THREE" COMPLAINTS ON "THE BIG THREE"  "WE" ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES IN FACT I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT IS GOING ON AND HOW MANY COMPLAINTS I HAVE HEARD READ AND SEEN ON "THE BIG THREE" THEY "THE BIG THREE" PROBABLY DO GET THE INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY AND MY MONEY AND EVERYBODY'S MONEY THAT THEY ARE HOLDING WITH NO PROOF WHATSOEVER TO SHOW YOU HOW THEY ARRIVED AT THIS DECISION, PERTAINING TO "THE BIG THREE" AMONGST THE OTHER AGENCIES IN THIS COUNTRY WHY "THE BIG THREE" DO THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH "OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY"  THE OTHER THING YOU CAN DO IS FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE AGENCIES IN MY ANSWER TO YOUR "THE BIG LIE" "WATERCOOLER"  "THE BIG THREE" CAN BE "SUED"  GIVING FALSE INFORMATION AND HOLDING "YOUR MONIES AND MY MONIES HOSTAGE" WITHOUT DUE CAUSE!!!!!  TELLING THE CUSTOMERS THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE AFFECTING YOUR BUSINESS "THAT" IS DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER AND "UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES" AND THEY WILL DEFINITELY GET IN TROUBLE IN MORE WAYS THEN ONE ON THAT TYPE OF "UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE"ALONG WITH"ALL"THE OTHER LAWS THEY HAVE BROKE AND  CONTINUE TO BREAK ON A DAILY BASIS, WITH THE AGENCIES IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!! BUT THEN ON THE OTHER HAND "THE BIG THREE" DID NOT COME FROM "THE PLANET EARTH" THEY CAME FROM "THE PLANET URANUS"  IN MY CASE I ASKED TO SEE WHERE THEY GOT THEIR INFORMATION FROM IN EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS IN ORDER TO HOLD MY MONEY, GUESS WHAT?  THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO BACK IT UP THE PERSON WHO'S NAME I GOT (I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS THE REAL NAME) TOLD ME THEY JUST SEND THAT OUT BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY CUSTOMERS TO CONTACT AND THEY HAVE NO PROOF IT GETS SENT AUTOMATICALLY,  WELL, I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO COMMENT ON THAT!!!!! I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO TODAY!!!!!! WELL, HOPEFULLY THEY WILL HAVE LESS CUSTOMERS TO CONTACT ONCE THEY ARE INVESTIGATED AND THE WRONGS THAT "THE BIG THREE" HAVE DONE TO CUSTOMERS ARE RIGHTED AND "THE BIG THREE" WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!! "THE BIG THREE" CAN'T DO THIS AND MAYBE THAT IS WHAT "THE BIG THREE'S " PROBLEM IS THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH IT FOR TOO LONG WELL, NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!  THE ALIENS "THE BIG THREE" WHO HAVE TAKEN HUMAN FORM NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH "THE BIG LEADER" UP ON "THE PLANET URANUS" AND SEE IF "THE BIG LEADER"  CAN DO SOMETHING FOR THEM, WHO KNOWS MAYBE THE CAPTAIN AND THE FIRST OFFICER AND THE OTHERS HAVE DEFECTED FROM "THE PLANET URANUS" OR WERE CAST OUT BY "THE BIG LEADER" AND CAN'T GET ADVICE FROM ANYONE NOT HERE ON EARTH NOT ON "THE PLANET URANUS" NOT ANYWHERE IN THIS SOLAR SYSTEM OR ANY OTHER  SOLAR SYSTEM IN FACT I DON'T THINK THEY COULD EVEN GET ACCEPTED INTO A "BLACK  HOLE"  OUT IN SPACE WOW, WHAT A MESS!!!!!!! AND THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY!!!!!!! "THE BIG THREE" ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT THEMSELVES AND WITH "ALL" THE PEOPLE I HAVE DEALT WITH PERTAINING TO "THE MESS" THAT STARTED IN OCTOBER OF THIS YEAR AND THAT CONTINUES TO "MORPH" INTO WHAT I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!  "THE BIG THREE" ARE GOING TO HAVE A REAL DIFFICULT TIME WHEN THEY HAVE "NO NAMES" , "FAKE NAMES" "REAL NAMES" (WHICH NO ONE KNOWS IF IT IS A REAL NAME OR FOR THAT MATTER A NAME AT ALL) ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY PUT ANSWERS AND STATEMENTS IN WRITING AS "FACTS"!!!!!! WHEN IT COULD NOT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH, UNBELIEVABLE AND THIS IS "AMERICA"THE CAPTAIN OR THE FIRST OFFICER OF THE SHIP THAT LANDED ON THIS EARTH FROM "THE PLANET URANUS" NEED TO WAKE UP AND CALL THE "BIG LEADER" UP ON "THE PLANET URANUS"  AND SEE IF THEY CAN COME BACK TO THEIR "PLANET URANUS" BECAUSE THINGS ARE NOT LOOKING REAL GOOD HERE ON THE "PLANET EARTH"BUT IF "THE BIG THREE" WERE CAST OUT FROM "THE PLANET URANUS" THAT WOULD EXPLAIN A LOT, BECAUSE THEY ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS. IN FACT "THE BIG THREE" ARE SO PAMPAS THEY THINK THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS AND GET AWAY WITH IT AND APPARENTLY THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH IT FOR A LONG TIME WELL, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN AND "THE BIG THREE" NEED TO GET OUT OF THEIR "PLANET URANUS"  AND COME BACK DOWN HERE ON EARTH WHERE THEY ARE **bleep**ING PEOPLE AND SHOW THEM WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN COMPANIES LIKE "THE BIG THREE" BREAK THE LAWS AND PEOPLE'S RIGHTS BY FRAUD, LIE, STEALING MONEY, NO RECORD OF WHERE THAT MONEY WENT ETC., ETC. I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO TODAY IF I LISTED EVERYTHING I WOULD NOT GET FINISHED UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR. I'M GOING TO MAKE FOR SURE THAT THIS GETS OUT THERE THE WHOLE "MESS" OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO TO ME AND COULD CARELESS!!!!!!  IN FACT I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD WORK FOR "THE BIG THREE" KNOWING HOW CORRUPT THEY ARE AND GO ALONG WITH IT EITHER THAT OR AS I OFTEN AS I SAY AND I SAY IT A LOT MORE LATELY "CLUELESS".  PLEASE FILE WITH THE AGENCIES LISTED YOU WILL GET RESULTS AND IF IT IS AS WIDE SPREAD AS I THINK IT IS THEN "THE BIG THREE" BETTER COME OUT OF "THE PLANET URANUS" AND START PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON, EITHER THAT OR THE BILLIONS "THE BIG THREE" BRAG ABOUT MAKING IN PROFIT ONLINE ON PAYPAL COMMUNITY AND IN THE NEWS IS SO OVERWHELMING THAT THEY CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE A FEW BILLION DOLLARS.  "THE BIG THREE" NEED TO "WAKE UP" AND START TAKING THINGS SERIOUSLY ESPECIALLY CUSTOMERS BUT "THE BIG THREE" ARE SO "PAMPAS" THEY DON'T CARE AND IT IS OBVIOUS IN WHAT IS GOING ON AND CONTINUES TO GO ON.  WELL, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN AND THEY WILL GO DOWN BELIEVE ME BIG TIME!!!!!!  THEY WILL DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY GET FROM THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!  I WILL BE PUTTING OUT ON THE WEB ANYWHERE I CAN TO MAKE PEOPLE KNOW THEY HAVE RIGHTS AND THAT "THE BIG THREE" CANNOT INTIMIDATE, IGNORE AND TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE CRAP AND GET AWAY WITH IT "UNITED" WE CAN BRING THEM DOWN BIG TIME!!!!!! ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I HAVE AND THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING **bleep**ED BY "THE BIG THREE" WILL GET INVOLVED AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR THEIR FRAUD, LIES, FAKE NAMES, NO NAMES, NO ACCOUNTING ON WHERE "OUR" OR "MY" OR "YOUR" MONIES IS GOING OR HAS GONE AND WILL BE GOING TO AND HOLDING IT HOSTAGE!!!!!  WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEY ARE TELEPORTING IT TO URANUS TO BUY BACK THEIR RIGHTS AS ALIENS ON THEIR OWN PLANET? IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME WITH ALL THE CORRUPTION IN THE WORLD TODAY!!!!!! 
Login to Me Too

Cactus55
Contributor
Contributor

I like the class action lawsuit idea. Count me in. Someone set up a free Gogle site so everyone can go sign up. Let's get attorneys to rape Paypal the same way they've raped their loyal customers!

If you don't stand for something - you'll fall for anything!

Who the **bleep** let these BOZOS get so high and mighty on our hard earned $$$

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.