The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

randy_s
New Community Member

I couldn't agree with you more! You, I, and a lot of eBay/PayPal customers see the huge gaps between PayPal's words and their actions. They are anything but the world's most loved way to pay and get paid. That claim comes from - who else? - PayPal - not it's world-wide users. They consistently skirt the thin line between honesty and dishonesty in both words and actions. While there is a lot of room for improvement, all of it is in the direction of being more honest and straighthforward in its advertising and dealings with its customers. Given PayPal's track record, that kind of improvement will never come, because it does not benefit or profit PayPal. Not everyone is so easily fooled except, perhaps, PayPal management.

Login to Me Too

plaintiger
Contributor
Contributor

it's good to know i'm not the only person who sees this. randy_s has hit it on the head: PayPal is the most shamelessly self-interested company i've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. and that wouldn't be so bad if they weren't setting a new low for other companies to settle for, but i've run into one or two other companies recently with as blatant a "we're in business for ourselves and the customer be damned" approach. i'm sure at their board meetings they're holding PayPal up as an example of what can be gotten away with. which is a bad thing for everyone.

Login to Me Too

bonandkids
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is shameful, they don't care about customers. The bottom line is profits. Paypal is one of the biggest scams on earth.  I have worked with my bank and put a stop payment on all future requests for payment from Paypal. I have been going round and round with them about them trying to repeatededly withdraw money from my bank account. These are transactions that are shown as completed both to the seller and by my bank. I have called once, to no avail, the guy would not address my main concern and I honestly don't think he understood me. Secondly, I emailed, again to no avail. Again, the reply was not in direct response to the questions and concerns I raised. All I got was a wordy explanation of their policies.

I AM DONE WITH PAYPAL!! Never again will I do business with them, I was warned by 2 friends to not do it and now I know why.

Login to Me Too

OlWitch
Contributor
Contributor

You're not wrong! Over £8,500 sales within less than 2 weeks, between Robbery Mail, Pay Pal and eBay - I've lost pretty much all of it and my business is paralysed.

I have around 7 items still outstanding gone to work addresses which have not been received for the 2nd time (@ £15 - £18.00 per item + postage and fees) - guess who will be made to send yet another replacement or refund!  Is it any wonder businesses are going under?  What a brilliant moneymaking scheme if you are that way inclined, PP & eBay encourage it as they are getting money in and 'THEY' don't have to give any back, hence acheiving their targets and bonuses.

Well, I have very little stock left now to send out  to replace over 200 items not delivered, I have no money to buy any more, so am not in a position to sell any more  - so PP & eBay won't be getting any more money out of me as a seller, and if I manage to get benefits, I won't be able to afford to buy either!

Well done eBay & PayPal - you're on your way to having no decent sellers left - Your greed and complete lack of customer service for your own customers is fast catching up with you. I for one will be closing both accounts ASAP, there are PLENTY of alternatives available these days for online payments

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@OlWitch wrote:

You're not wrong! Over £8,500 sales within less than 2 weeks, between Robbery Mail, Pay Pal and eBay - I've lost pretty much all of it and my business is paralysed.

I have around 7 items still outstanding gone to work addresses which have not been received for the 2nd time (@ £15 - £18.00 per item + postage and fees) - guess who will be made to send yet another replacement or refund!  Is it any wonder businesses are going under?  What a brilliant moneymaking scheme if you are that way inclined, PP & eBay encourage it as they are getting money in and 'THEY' don't have to give any back, hence acheiving their targets and bonuses.

Well, I have very little stock left now to send out  to replace over 200 items not delivered, I have no money to buy any more, so am not in a position to sell any more  - so PP & eBay won't be getting any more money out of me as a seller, and if I manage to get benefits, I won't be able to afford to buy either!

Well done eBay & PayPal - you're on your way to having no decent sellers left - Your greed and complete lack of customer service for your own customers is fast catching up with you. I for one will be closing both accounts ASAP, there are PLENTY of alternatives available these days for online payments

hello,buisness should definitly not use paypal for those exact reasons,when they freeze your funds,restricit your acccount,or openly rob your bank account you want to have some warning.so i hope people read these stories,good thing they arre google serch engine.as a buisnesyou should read carfully the toa and tos of paypal,warning against all other processors also,i have studied many and feel they are worse.having a real merchant account to your store,only give paypal acess to one bank account specifically for your paypal transactions,there are lots of other processors will have hundresds in hidden fees,usps has legal help for mail fraud,witch is what ebay policy to buyers promtes,i threaten any of my buyers with lawsuite for any charge backs,why would i or anyone think that should be llowed and promted,/myproducts are uniqe and am not giving anyones $ back.have good buisness policys well documented and dont allow other companies to make you do buisness ther way,i would never consider selling products on ebay,i only sell in my own stores,ebay and amazon are good for reselling there inhouse junk catolog scam crap,they will let you promote it for free and give you afiiliate money,otherwise all these places are made to work with eacth other and not to promte independent buisness,those are worlds biggist online stores,paypal,amazon,we sellers do not exist to them.peace

Login to Me Too

jilldawn
New Community Member

arocketsa
Contributor
Contributor

This needs to go class action suit they have all but destroyed me and my dreams in the 40 days they have held my money hostage! I looked at all the reasons they say they hold your money and I don't fit a single one stay in constant contact with your customers oh I do to tell them about pay p[al stealing my money and not paying for my postage or refunds or the $1100 in overcharges when the stole from my savings and my elderly mothers! If you no how I can get involved in bringing this fraud outfit down please send all info to mI refuse to sell another thing on ebay until these no good **bleep** stop!

Login to Me Too

survivor2
New Community Member

It is true.  The LIE!  Pay Pal debited my account two times for the same transaction causing my bank to overdraw and fees were taken from my bank.  Pay Pal said this was fixed and would not try to take the transaction again.  We shall see.  In the meantime, I will write to my bank to tell them to no longer allow Pay Pal to take money out.  However, this lasts only for a certain number of months.  So, I will have to write again to the bank after that time frame ends.  What ever happened to "The customer is always right!"?  Yep, it's business, and they want your money in anyway they can get it.  I will close my PP account and not used eBay.  I guess it's back to going out to the thrift stores to find a bargain.

Peace!

Login to Me Too

LOLPP
New Community Member

By the way, I am watcing that cash if any is lost..I know where to find you, you **bleep**ing criminals!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.