PayPal Community Chat 8/31/2011 CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 31st, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The Community Chat is now open and unlocked!  Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Decorum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat will be a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! :smileyhappy:

To start us off today, tell us about your first car.  Was it special to you?  What was it?

Login to Me Too

wpetersonmn

Hi,

I had some slow ships last November 2010 on my ebay account, but pretty much spotless service to my customers since then.  I got caught up in a recent algorithm change it appears, and in the last 3 weeks my funds are being held.  I want this escalated past the consumer managers.  Can you direct me to someone with the discretionary powers to assist me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello wpetersonm, and welcome to the chat!

As a fellow merchant, I can certainly understand your frustration with having payments held. However, staff members cannot discuss account-specific issues in this forum, which is designed for member-to-member help. For account-specific issues, please contact Customer Service at http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

wpetersonmn

Adrian, I don’t require an account specific reply.

I would like some assistance in moving my inquiry past consumer manager level support.

In reading the user agreement, I take it that I retain the privilege of instatiating a ‘case’.  I’d like an internal case number so that I could do that.

I’d also like to know which ADR dispute resolution services that Paypal typically is comfortable using with their customers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

wpetersonm,

These are questions that we wouldn't be able to address in the forums - simply because it does require sensitive account specific information to assist and direct you to the correct individuals.  As to your other questions, I would recommend writing to the legal address located in our User Agreement. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

wpetersonmn

I have contacted customer service.  I probably will contact Legal, but it remains my hope that I’ll find a receptive ear within customer service and not continue to get blown off.

With you as an expert, I’ll take the opportunity to speak to whoever you might think is an excellent operations resource generally.  Who are some good resources?  What are some good email queues to address my emails? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

wpetersonmn,

Customer Service really is the route to go.  When you call in, your account details are analyzed and you're sent to the group that supports your inquiry.  If by chance you are incorrectly routed, the agent can re-route you manually.  A phone agent has the resources at hand to address what sort of issues may be causing the holds and the steps to take to work towards their removal.  The same can be said via email, both of which can be reached via the link provided earlier in the chat.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

wpetersonmn

Fair enough…customer service is the way to go.  I’d also say at this point, I’m looking for a reliable method of escalation.

Whats a good way to ask for escalation in your experience Adrian, because I seem to be encountering some 1st level representatives who can’t help me with that.

Thanks!

WPMN

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

wpetersonmn,

I'm sorry, but the only recommendation we can make is to contact Customer Service or write to the legal address that we've previously mentioned.  Contacts are routed through these channels, and there is not a separate method to escalate that can be provided.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.