Pay Pal - new market - Serbia

torbica
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ppl,

Can anyone help me with specific q. Do anybody know reason why Serbia don't have PayPal? I heard different story:

- issue with laws

- fraud in history

or

Serbia is little country, only 8.000.000 habitants.

Even our gov try to contact someone in PayPal to find the reason but they didn't succed.

Anyone know who is decison maker for new market?

Any nfo will be helpfull.

thanks, Zoran Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Torbica! 

I can definitely assure you it has nothing to do with the population size of Serbia - if you take a look at a list of our supported regions, some are much smaller than Serbia.  Smiley Happy  Establishing our service in each new region involves complex changes due to different regulations in each country. We're working hard to expand our services as rapidly as possible, but wouldn't be able to provide an timeline on when those services would be expanding into Serbia. 

While we certainly can't pass along internal information regarding employees, you might consider logging your feature request directly with the corprorate headquarters.  Their address can be located in our Legal Agreement.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

torbica
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for quick answer. Unfortunatly, PayPal is big system and Serbian internet community didn't get precise answer, even our gov try to get answer.

So I posted q here, usually, people 4 community are less corporative and more informative. If you get some better info or person to contact, Serbia thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

As soon as we can provide more information, Torbica, we will be happy to do so!  Cross my heart Smiley Happy

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

mtadic
New Community Member

Yes i mean,seriously. I'm pretty sure that 80% of population  from some paypal countries don't even have the internet.

Example:  Burkina Faso (its a country).

Its just an example,but can you explain me how and why did they get on paypal list,when there are some countries like Serbia that are still awating for paypal. Thousands of petitions have been made,facebook groups,etc. Im pretty sure big number of people from Serbia would love to have paypal service but they don't for unknown reason.

Gov,told us paypal is coming in january/2011,but it obviously didn't. What is the problem,can you write us exact reason?

Login to Me Too

Jelena
New Community Member

Gov, told us first 2009, then 2010, now 2011....??? How much we will wait more without any explanations?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

real-X
New Community Member

Dear PayPal,

I reside in Belgrade, Serbia and have been in need of services provided by PayPal for quite some time, on a business as well as a personal level. Is it in any way possible to subscribe to PayPal's services as a citizen of a country that is not in your list?

Not being able to select my country from the list of an online establishment as widely known as PayPal is off-putting to say the least, thus I tend not to attempt to open a discussion with suggestions/inquiries about the status of Serbia<-->PayPal relations, as it seems such topics yielded nothing after quite a few years now despite all parties' full awareness of the ever growing interest for cooperation. Hence my somewhat absurd question above as this present state of affairs is just as absurd, and just begs for some underhand diplomacy at least for humor's sake. Waste of time, this country-list topic really, so let me tell you, I could rake in billions with this 'used socks' business idea I never told anyone about AND I wouldn't mind being sworn-in into PayPal's member section as a citizen of say, Mexico... comprende? Fancy a deal?

Sincere regards,
Vlada

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.