The weekly US Community chat will be coming back soon! Please vote in our community poll to let us know which time slot you prefer. View Poll
Below I've copied all the agreements that appear from the link that is supposed to lead to the Community Forum specific Agreement. If the intention is that I'm supposed to read and agree to all the below, that needs to be made clearer:
For All Users
* User Agreement for PayPal Service
* PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
* Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access
* Electronic Fund Transfer Rights and Error Resolution
* PayPal Buyer Protection Policy and Buyer Complaint Policy
* Payments Policy
* Premier and Business Accounts
* Fees Policy
* Ebay Billing Agreement
* PayPal Billing Agreement for Preapproved Payments
* PayPal Seller Protection Policy
For Merchants and Businesses
* PayPal Shops Policy
* Commercial Entity Agreement
* Infringement Report
* Policy Updates
On the right hand column below Announcements it says Community Help Guidelines.
Click on guidelines.
Community Help Forum Agreement
This Community Help Forum Agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and PayPal and applies to your use of PayPal’s Community Help Forum (“Community Forum”, “the Forum”). This Agreement applies to you in addition to the User Agreement and other applicable agreements. All capitalized terms shall have the definitions provided in this Agreement, or if a definition is not provided in this Agreement, the definition in the User Agreement shall apply. You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a Substantial Change, we will provide you with 30 Days' prior notice of Substantial Change by posting notice on the "Policy Updates" page of our website. We last modified this Agreement on October 20, 2009.
1. User Content.
The Community Forum contains information and material posted by users and helps users communicate with others on subjects matters relating to their use of PayPal ("User Content") . Any opinion or information made available as part of such User Content are those of the respective users and not of PayPal. PayPal neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy of any information set forth on the Community Forum. User Content may be inaccurate, inappropriate or possibly offensive material. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and usefulness of any information available through the Community Forum. Please report problems, offensive content and policy violations (other than intellectual property infringements) using the “Flag for Moderator” option.
2. Content Regulation.
The following are examples of violations that may result in immediate post removal, sanctions or suspension from the Community Forum:
· Violating any laws or this Agreement or infringing any third party rights;
· Posting any material that is false, misleading, defamatory or invasive of another person's right of privacy or right of publicity;
· Posting any material that is harmful, obscene, harassing, objectionable or otherwise unfit for publication;
· Imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or otherwise harmful to PayPal or the proper working of the Community Forum;
· Collecting information about others without their consent;
· Copying, modifying or distributing the Community Forum content or any other person’s content or otherwise infringing on the rights of PayPal (including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks rights); using any material obtained through the Forum for commercial purposes.
3. Actions We May Take.
3.1 Breach of Terms. We may limit or terminate your use of the Community Forum or any of the PayPal services, if we think in our sole judgment you are creating problems or acting inconsistently with this Agreement.
3.2. Right to Reject Content. PayPal may in its sole discretion reject or remove any content if it is abusive, defamatory and offensive or for any other reason we deem appropriate.
3.3 Monitoring. PayPal shall have no obligation to monitor any of the material provided by users, but may do so at its sole discretion. PayPal is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any material.
4.1 Content You Post. You represent that any content provided by you in relation to the Community Forum, is non-confidential; that the content is accurate and that no other party has any right to it. You will indemnify PayPal for all claims resulting from any material you supply.
4.2 License Grant. You license and grant PayPal the right to duplicate, publish and copy the content posted by you on the Community Forum and anywhere else you designate. You represent that you have sufficient rights in the content posted by you to make this grant.
4.3 Submission Related to PayPal's Products or Services. In the event that you provide suggestions, comments or other feedback ("Feedback") to PayPal with respect to the PayPal’s current or future product or services or any intellectual property the following will apply:
· All Feedback shall be given entirely voluntarily;
· Feedback, even if marked confidential, shall not create any confidentiality obligations on PayPal unless PayPal has otherwise agreed in a signed agreement;
· PayPal shall be free to use, disclose, reproduce, distribute and otherwise commercialize all Feedback that you provide without obligation or restriction of any kind on account of intellectual property rights or otherwise; and
· You waive all rights to be compensated or seek compensation for your Feedback.
5. Risks of Using the Forum.
PayPal provides the Community Forum “as-is” and does not guarantee uptime or availability.
You are advised to not use your full name or give out any personal information about yourself or anybody else on a message board, or any other medium.
Under no circumstances will PayPal be liable for any loss or damage caused by use of the Community Forum, reliance on information obtained through the Forum or otherwise arising from unauthorized, inaccurate or unlawful Community Forum content.
6. Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements.
We respect the intellectual property of others and require that the people who use the Forum do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable services to users who may be infringers of intellectual property rights.
If you believe your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please complete this Infringement Report form and fax it to 1-402-537-5774.
Thanks for posting those, Heather, at least I've seen them now! PayPal really should make sure their links lead to where they are supposed to!
I'm a "newbie" to this forum and had the same problem as did lauramacf. Thanks for posting the info and I agree that this navigation needs to be modified and definitely improved to be more "user friendly. If that means a complete overhaul, then so be it. PayPal is pretty much a "household" word on the net as is e-bay, Amazon and Microsoft. The guidelines, etc. need to be more definitive, easy to understand and should also include appeal options and specific procedures for those options. The way that I understand the basic information is that no one can say ANYTHING bad about PayPal's site or lack of service to resolve matters of importance on ANY subject. If that's true, then what's the point of wasting time when the only thing that occurs is a group of "FrustratedUser"(s).
Just another thought. How many hours, days, weeks or months go by before ANYONE might reply to a post? If the question(s) are important and there appears to be NO way to communicate with Customer Service at PayPal (I tried - with NO success via the website, e-mail or tele), then just what is the best way to obtain information?
Anyway - 'HAPPY NEW YEAR" (and it will be if I get a response from anybody).