Is paypal down for today? Can't transfer money to bank account....

Ilovethebeatles
New Community Member

I keep getting an error message now when I go to withdraw money from my paypal to my bank account. I never had this before and I don't have any monthly limits on my account. It says to login again and some other common error verbage. I've logged in and out several times, and it lets me to the point where I go to "submit" but then , bam...I get the error message......is Paypal just overly bogged down at the moment or is this some weird issue going on that needs to be fixed?

Tiff

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Greetings all!

I completely understand the frustration you've been feeling with this issue.  The PayPal site has not been hijacked, it was just having some minor issues.  These have been reported to have been resolved, so things should be back to running as normal.  If you still are encountering issues, I would suggest clearing your browser cache and cookies, and trying again.

Thank you for your patience while we worked through things.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

greystone
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone.  We are having the same problem.    Can't do anything on the account today.  no shipping labels does not work today. 

Login to Me Too

Racquell
New Community Member

Hi

I am having the same problem as Tiff, aslo I know others.  Can anyone confirm if paypal is experencing problems and when they are likely to resolve it?

Rach

Login to Me Too

smallbusiness47
Contributor
Contributor

It was fine until about an hour ago. It would be nice though if they could at least inform users of the problem and provide an estimtated timeline for the problem to be fixed.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing issues, too. In the midst of attempting to print labels, and look at order details, we have been repeatedly getting "error" messages. We are told to retry, click on the PayPal logo, etc, etc, etc. We have used PayPal for years, but this afternoon, it is "squirrely". Very, very frustrating, especially because a lot of us are attempting to catch up with sales that came in over the weekend. Has PayPal been hijacked? There are most definitely some glitches going on today, as many of us are having trouble using our PayPal accounts.

The error messages are rampant. Anyone else?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Greetings all!

I completely understand the frustration you've been feeling with this issue.  The PayPal site has not been hijacked, it was just having some minor issues.  These have been reported to have been resolved, so things should be back to running as normal.  If you still are encountering issues, I would suggest clearing your browser cache and cookies, and trying again.

Thank you for your patience while we worked through things.

Andy

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I cannot believe we got such a rapid response, and really appreciate you coming in to let us know what is afoot. It is a bit scary, not to mention - time-consuming, to have to stop in the course of a business day, and ferret out the answer to a problem such as this one. When there is an issue with PayPal, as there was today - many users do not know where to go for help.

Hope all is well, as we have lots of orders to handle - for our small concern, and not able to handle them earlier. Will clear out all, as advised, and try again. Once more, thank you!

Login to Me Too

abahshd2002
New Community Member

When will the monthy limit start over.figured it would start first of month.

Login to Me Too

sen
Contributor
Contributor

help me I'm confused. the problem is fixed? it was only intermittent? But people have been trying to process payments on ebay items for a week now?  I along with many other have been getting error messages even on payments like mine to a seller for UNDER $5 ?????  I know it's not nice to be rude but I am one of those people that simply turns off the computer and tries in a couple of days. Not working this time for me and a lot of other people. I am getting emails that sellers are now asking that we go to other payment processing sites like moneybookers. I don't like passing around my personal information, nobody does. it would make it a lot easier if you and ebay just posted the system is completely whacked and be patient. All we have now are a lot of buyers and sellers freaking out because they are getting automatic non-pay notices even when they have done nothing wrong.

and what makes it even worse............payments to EBAY through PAYPAL for FEES & STORE SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE STILL GOING THROUGH. i find this ironic and and a bit infuriating wouldn't you in out position.  How about a little honesty. i don't care what the problem is just tell us all there is a problem and that is being taken care of...NOT it was temporary and has been taken care of.  It makes us think we are paying you guys to call us stupid.

All these people aren't getting the same error for no reason, it is not sporadic or a select few either.  I am also hearing that we should try another computer??????  I mean seriously who is working for who??? I have seen post where people have taken their computers to their retailer, computer repair and tried public computers STILL getting the SAME ERROR.

I personally have tried 3 seperate computers (not on the same network), 2 cell phone browsers and in desperation the public library.  They thought I had gone mad when I started crying in frustration. Laugh if you want, but 10 years on ebay with paypal with 100% positive feedback..high DSR ratings and now over $5 I CAN"T pay for I may lose that.

come on guys we know you have bright people there if nobody can fix this find someone who can that is what WE PAY YOU for with every fee you charge us. I heard that people are going to start posting on social media and news sites and blogs on this I don't want the spotlight on your shortcomings i just want it fixed and for ebay and paypal to stop BLAMING US.

Please consider getting with ebay and posting some real information on this problem for us, PLEASE

Login to Me Too

Killtoy
New Community Member

Can not recieve or send payments please fix ASAP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.