Dra ROCKS! (ID 41946, resolution center rep/supervisor)

swdc
Contributor
Contributor

Kudos to Dra (ID 41946) in the PayPal Dispute Resolution Department! After numerous calls and transfers between different reps, Dra was the first to take the time to patiently listen to me about a case I was appealing. He carefully looked through the case notes and we came to a positive solution about a selling dispute I had on eBay.
It seems customer service reps at big companies often give callers the run-around; I think sometimes it is because they don't take the time to listen, just don't care, don't understand, are improperly trained, or, due to the constraints and policies they work under, are unable to really help. This results in inadequate service to which customers are entitled. It is usually a very frustrating and tedious task to work through a problem with company but not this time! Dra Rocks!

Item # 150714123533

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi swdc, and welcome to the Community!

Thank you very much for coming here to share your experience! I'll make sure that this feedback finds its way back to the representative, too.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

simchadp
New Community Member

Olivia

It certainly is commendable that you will make sure that the customer service rep Dra gets this feedback and that swdc joined the community. However, I feel an important underlying message swdc's posting, one that is shared by many PayPal users in countless postings, has been ignored.

"...After numerous calls and transfers between different reps, Dra was the first to take the time to patiently listen to me about a case I was appealing..."

Having one good rep is certainly an asset to a company and should be properly noted but what about all of swdc's numerous calls and transfers until he found that one capable rep? How many people did swdc speak to until he/she found that one? 5? 10? How many hours did swdc waste on the phone with all the previous ineffective agents? Needless to say it is costly for PayPal and frustrating for its users. The fact that PayPal has some very effective reps is undeniable. However, in my opinion, these capable reps make up a small minority of the overall customer service experience and this sentiment is shared by many users. To ignore it is a mistake.

S

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi swdc, and welcome to the Community!

Thank you very much for coming here to share your experience! I'll make sure that this feedback finds its way back to the representative, too.

Olivia

Dra ROCKS! (ID 41946, resolution center rep/supervisor)

Kudos to Dra (ID 41946) in the PayPal Dispute Resolution Department! After numerous calls and transfers between different reps, Dra was the first to take the time to patiently listen to me about a case I was appealing. He carefully looked through the case notes and we came to a positive solution about a selling dispute I had on eBay.
It seems customer service reps at big companies often give callers the run-around; I think sometimes it is because they don't take the time to listen, just don't care, don't understand, are improperly trained, or, due to the constraints and policies they work under, are unable to really help. This results in inadequate service to which customers are entitled. It is usually a very frustrating and tedious task to work through a problem with company but not this time! Dra Rocks!

Item # 150714123533

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi simchadp, and welcome to the forums!

The frustration that swdc experienced is definitely not something that PayPal wants to see occur. The feedback supplied has definitely been reviewed from that angle as well.

Mostly however, I'm very glad that swdc highlighted the success of Dra's interaction, because that will allow us to ask Dra to speak to colleagues about what worked. Sharing the experience will help others reach the same level of excellence.

Thank you for the feedback!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

swdc
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, your response from Monday:

"The frustration that swdc experienced is definitely not something that PayPal wants to see occur. The feedback supplied has definitely been reviewed from that angle as well."

I'm not feeling very confident about this, please make sure my issue is attended to immediately.

Thank you, swdc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi swdc,

I forwarded your feedback yesterday. I apologize for the delay in response.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Swdc -

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.  I'm sorry this issue wasn't resolved in the original timeframe you expected, but I do want to re-assure you that your feedback has been heard. Olivia and I will personally ensure your feedback is heard again by the appropriate parties and acted upon, as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

swdc
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia:

My balance was supposed to be reversed to $0 by yesterday as Dra (and another reviewer) determined the decision to rule on behalf of the buyer was inappropriate and therefore, PayPal's mistake. The resolution center notes should reflect this. Additionally, until this is taken care of my account is in "Collections" and I cannot get eBay to remove the buyer's negative assessment of me and the transaction. 

After speaking with Dra last week and seeing your initial response to my post here I felt confident this would be completely resolved yesterday...that feeling is turning into frustration. Thank you,  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.