Community Feedback - New Community Forum

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Just some thoughts on the new Community Forum.   Change is good but:

* There does not appear to be any way to go back and edit a Forum Post after it has been Posted.   Sometimes we don't always type what were thinking and only see our mistakes after the topic or response is posted.  So why is there no way to go back and edit our posts?

* There's no internal messaging system for emailing other Forum Members.  Seems everything must be posted to the public.

* The choice of  Personal icons are a bit limited.   Boring.

*  No feature for automatic signatures like the Online Merchant Network offered.

*  Organization of Forum Topics is a bit confusing, but, that just something one has to get used to as this is a new application.

*  Seems there was no thought or was there about  transferring any credit for contributions to the Online Merchant Network to the new Community Forum.   Everyone now using this new Forum has to start from scratch.   Which leads to this question, is the Online Merchant Network going away?

* Don't know if this good or bad but, in order to participate in this Forum, one must first login to their PayPal Account.   This is forcing folks to open a PayPal Account if they want to participate.   Personally, I'm OK with this but, it does have the possible potential to scare some folks and leaves lots of other lurking in the shadows.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

sweetie1455
Contributor
Contributor

If we can't upload our own avatars maybe we could have more to choose from; although I'm not that picky!!  Well, maybe a little!! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Random
Contributor
Contributor

i want to post a new topic, but i don't see where the Location field is visible on the screen, and i get an error requesting this be filled out.  the word 'Location' is right about 'Email me when someone...', but there is no box that i can see.  Where is the field?

Login to Me Too

rr18intheblack
Contributor
Contributor

Re:  Using Paypal Forum

I have the same problem.

I opened a Paypal Personal Account earlier today, and also registered for the Paypal Forum (under the username:  rr18intheblack) in order to post questions about using Paypal.

For some reason, I was not able to post a question directly in the Paypal forum (was not allowed to initiate my own topic), and was only able to post in the forum by replying to previous posts.  I was not able to fill in the "Location" buttion on the Contribute Post page, for some reason.

I would like for this problem to be corrected as soon as possible, as I would like to be able to make my own contributions to the Paypal forum, rather than replying to other peoples' posts (particularly when I cannot find a previous post that addresses by exact concern)...

Many thanks in advance for your time -

Forum ID:  rr18intheblack

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

rr18intheblack wrote:   I was not able to fill in the "Location" buttion on the Contribute Post page, for some reason.

The "Location" section refers to which forum you wish to contain your new topic. After clicking on the "Post a Topic" button, click on the "Discussion" text and then select the specific forum from the list on the right. The selections will be... eBay, How to use PayPal, Online safety, PayPal for your business, Products and services.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

For those of you having problems posting a new topic, what browser are you using? I have been able to reproduce on IE but haven't had a problem on Firefox.

Regardless, I'll keep investigating.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

RIDEBACKWARDS
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, and I just figured out the problem - when paypal-community.com opened it resized my FF browser window so I could no longer see the bottom status bar (HATE that PP resizes pages, btw). 

I didn't immediately realize the site was blocked by my NoScript add-on.  Because it was blocking scripts, it didn't show me the drop-down menu under Location. 

So, for those of you not seeing anything to select for the Location field, check your script-blocking app!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.