Community Feedback - New Community Forum

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Just some thoughts on the new Community Forum.   Change is good but:

* There does not appear to be any way to go back and edit a Forum Post after it has been Posted.   Sometimes we don't always type what were thinking and only see our mistakes after the topic or response is posted.  So why is there no way to go back and edit our posts?

* There's no internal messaging system for emailing other Forum Members.  Seems everything must be posted to the public.

* The choice of  Personal icons are a bit limited.   Boring.

*  No feature for automatic signatures like the Online Merchant Network offered.

*  Organization of Forum Topics is a bit confusing, but, that just something one has to get used to as this is a new application.

*  Seems there was no thought or was there about  transferring any credit for contributions to the Online Merchant Network to the new Community Forum.   Everyone now using this new Forum has to start from scratch.   Which leads to this question, is the Online Merchant Network going away?

* Don't know if this good or bad but, in order to participate in this Forum, one must first login to their PayPal Account.   This is forcing folks to open a PayPal Account if they want to participate.   Personally, I'm OK with this but, it does have the possible potential to scare some folks and leaves lots of other lurking in the shadows.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@skier wrote:

Just some thoughts on the new Community Forum.   Change is good but:

* The choice of  Personal icons are a bit limited.   Boring.

I would prefer that they eliminate the icons (avatars), or... give each member the option to not have them displayed.

Login to Me Too

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

I wish we could upload our own icons.

Login to Me Too

1DevilishDiva
Contributor
Contributor

I soooooooooo agree with you on both topics skier!  I rather post my own image instead of these god awful icons that are forced upon us! 😞   Secondly, I don't understand why there isn't at least a "PREVIEW" option before posting a post.......*shrugging shoulders*

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Additional information which would be helpful...

1) The number of posts on a thread with each post having a post number, and...

2) The actual date and time of each post.

Login to Me Too

Suebert
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new here and just wanted to opine:  Wow, what extremely unattractive personal images (avatars, icons) there are to choose from!  I finally picked the fish--not because I like to fish, only because it was one of the least ugly.

PayPal should let members use the same images eBay uses.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Suebert wrote:

I'm new here and just wanted to opine:  Wow, what extremely unattractive personal images (avatars, icons) there are to choose from!  I finally picked the fish--not because I like to fish, only because it was one of the least ugly.

PayPal should let members use the same images eBay uses.

I agree that the provided avatars are mostly not attractive, however... the alternative to allow member's to upload images is not a good solution.

Maybe the best solution is to not have any avatars... I would like that solution.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

This is exactly the kind of feedback we'd like to see so that we can try to make PayPal Community Help Forum a great place to ask questions and get answers from other PayPal users with the support of PayPal staff.

I can't promise that every suggestion will result in a change but it will be considered.

Thanks again!

Amanda

Login to Me Too

smallHOST
Contributor
Contributor

After spending days wondering why I couldn't log in to onlinemerchantnetwork.com anymore, I finally clued in. I am dissapointed at the change, I much prefered the old format which seemed more broadly geared to growing your online business, which Paypal indirectly benefits from with more transactions on merchant sites. This forum seems to have a very narrow focus, and I'm having trouble seeing why I should visit anymore.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi smallHOST,

Thanks for the feedback. I do want those of you that have made the move from the Online Merchant Network to continue the great discussions that were there.

What specifically, is missing that you found useful on the Online Merchant Network? Do you think if you started a discussion with the kinds of topics you're looking for would it be helpful?

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.