Community Feedback - New Community Forum

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Just some thoughts on the new Community Forum.   Change is good but:

* There does not appear to be any way to go back and edit a Forum Post after it has been Posted.   Sometimes we don't always type what were thinking and only see our mistakes after the topic or response is posted.  So why is there no way to go back and edit our posts?

* There's no internal messaging system for emailing other Forum Members.  Seems everything must be posted to the public.

* The choice of  Personal icons are a bit limited.   Boring.

*  No feature for automatic signatures like the Online Merchant Network offered.

*  Organization of Forum Topics is a bit confusing, but, that just something one has to get used to as this is a new application.

*  Seems there was no thought or was there about  transferring any credit for contributions to the Online Merchant Network to the new Community Forum.   Everyone now using this new Forum has to start from scratch.   Which leads to this question, is the Online Merchant Network going away?

* Don't know if this good or bad but, in order to participate in this Forum, one must first login to their PayPal Account.   This is forcing folks to open a PayPal Account if they want to participate.   Personally, I'm OK with this but, it does have the possible potential to scare some folks and leaves lots of other lurking in the shadows.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

skooter
Contributor
Contributor

I am new, and trying to post a question, but when I get done tryping it, and go to post it, I get a message to correct my error, which is *Location.  I do not know how to find this, or what to do.  Please help. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

x-15a2
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the others regarding avatars in this forum, user avatars should be allowed, the ones provided are universally poor. I find it interesting that the Admin has a custom avatar. While it is expected that the Admin would have the ability to set a custom avatar, it comes across like, "HaHa, I can have a custom avatar and you can't!". Kind of the same feeling as when you a driving at the speed limit and the Highway Patrol goes blowing by you with no flashers or sirens going.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi x--15a2,

Welcome to the community forums!

Last year, we added the ability to upload your own image to use as your avatar.

To upload your picture:

Click on "My Profile"

On the right side click on “View Image Gallery”

Click on “Browse”

Select your picture

After it’s uploaded

Click on “Preferences”

Click on "Avatars"

Click on "Use gallery images"

Click on your picture

The image has to be smaller than 333K and inappropriate images will be removed.

We definitely want you to personalize, and lots of other members have already done so. Have fun!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

A couple more suggestions... both are very useful features of the eBay Discussion Boards...

1) Provide icons for when a thread is new for a member (never read) and when the thread is updated (previously read) for the member.

Note... I like the "you replied" icon.

2) When a member is returning to a previously viewed thread, begin the display at the last viewed post on that thread.

Login to Me Too

inmatetrust

yes I made a mistake with my idetity handle name,can I change this error?

Login to Me Too

johnstevens1943
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!

Login to Me Too

gergev
Contributor
Contributor

Put a link to the community forum on the paypal Home page (down on the bottom under "Other")

I had to really search around to find this place.

Login to Me Too

sweetie1455
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to say tha this forum has been so helpful. Starting out in something new such as this is hard enough, but having this kind of support is great!

Thanks to all of you who contributed. I have found several answers to my questions.I hope this forum continues. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.