Community Chat 8/24/2011 - CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 24th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Olivia

Hi praizeop,

If a buyer (or in this case, donor) contacts PayPal to request a refund, PayPal will see the transaction that was made, and the information from both parties. If the donor has not sent funds to your account, there would be no transaction to be refunded that has you listed as a recipient.

My recommendation, just to make sure that your donors are paying you and his donors are paying him, is that you both re-create your buttons from scratch on the PayPal site. This will ensure that the correct buttons are on the correct sites, pointing to the correct accounts.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

One more thing, praizeop -

Make sure you upload the new code to your website and he uploads his new code to his. Just making a button doesn't change things unless you update the site with the new code. It's an easy thing to overlook, too - I just did!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

praizeop
Contributor
Contributor

That seems like a simple fix, BUT PayPal still informs the donor/buyer that Praize.com & Praize Inc are the same entity.

I can look up to see if I have received funds from anyone requesting a refund and inform them that I didn't receive a payment and that they made the 'purchase from the other site since PayPal sends a confirmation stating they paid the other website when buying/donating to the other website.  The owner of that website has his site on auto-pilot and rarely responds when I send him an e-mail about a refund request I have received in error.

I still need PayPal to separate these two accounts Thanks for any other suggestions

PS PayPal sees that the other website is still linked to mine. I want PayPal to remove that link so it only links to my account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

praizeop,

It really sounds to me like the buttons on his site are pointing to your account. There would be absolutely no reason for a PayPal representative to even see that there is another account unless the buyer on the phone has interacted with it.

If the problem is existent on his site, he will have to be the one to contact PayPal Customer Support. Your best bet to straighten this out would be to get him on the phone for a conference call where both of you can validate your accounts with the representative and get it all straightened out at once. I know how frustrating that will be when he rarely responds, but it will be more frustrating if you contact CS and they have to stop short in your resolution when it comes to information specific to his account.

I wish you the best. Transferring ownership of a site has all kinds of nuances that sometimes don't appear until long after communication is severed.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, August 31st, at 4PM CDT. We'd love to meet you!

Until then,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.