Community Chat - 12/7/11 Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, December 7th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Decorum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Today's icebreaker:

The last week has been extremely cold here, and we've had our first bout of snow for the season.  Which makes us think about warmer climates, of course!  So, if you could pack up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go?  Share with us your ideal destination.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

It has been cold, far to cold this early in the season.

If I could pack my bags and relocate I would choose anywhere in the UK. Why? Because racecar. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Hmmm.

I dislike extreme temperatures. I want to live somewhere that always feels like a seaside resort just after the busy season, where the days are mild and the evenings are windbreaker weather, but only just.

I'm not well-traveled. Where would you suggest that fits that description?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, I think Key West is the location you are looking for. Warm temps year round and light jacket weather at most during the evenings.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

Olivia, I think Key West is the location you are looking for. Warm temps year round and light jacket weather at most during the evenings.

Hmmm, that might be a little too warm. Find me a place that doesn't get above 75 even in the summer. 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Eric515
New Community Member

Olivia, you might be talking Hawaii 🙂 .... or Hilton Head Island.

Login to Me Too

I would like to offer a discount to my repeat buyers who purchase on my website. I only allow PayPal payments on my site but I don't see how I can reward repeat buyers. Will this feature be available soon?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ArdyssHealthyPe,

Sorry, there is currently no built-in feature that allows a merchant to offer discounts automatically to certain buyers.

We do have discount variables that can be specified on a PayPal button or checkout.  These discounts would be applied to all buyers.

This functionality could be programmed into your website or a 3rd party shopping cart to only apply the discount to certain customers.

Another option is that you could create a separate PayPal button (assuming you don't have many products) that could manually be sent to your loyal customers but that's probably not the best solution.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Eric515 wrote:

Olivia, you might be talking Hawaii 🙂 .... or Hilton Head Island.

I could get behind Hawaii, but I hear Spam is very popular there. Would I have to develop a taste for it? 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.