Community Chat - 12/14/11 Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, December 14th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  Smiley Happy This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Decorum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Today's icebreaker:

I don't know about you, but my family is already trying to guess their presents - and honestly, so am I!  Today, share with us your most memorable or unexpected present you've received.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

My most memorable  or unexpected gift received was a bar of soap.  It was a prank gift but my family made such a big deal about it ahead of time that I thought it was going to be something awesome.  It was definitely an unexpected surprise.  My family still laughs about it.  Moral of the story: Never let your expectations get too high and you'll usually always be pleasantly surprised. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

A big thank you to everyone who is here today!  It's good to see each of you, and Cherub00 - welcome to the community!  If you have time, stick around and answer the ice breaker.  Smiley Happy

My most memorable gift ever was a few books.  Not just any books, granted - I collect a few very specific rare paperbacks.  When I received this present, eBay had only just sold it's first broken laser pointer and the internet was just starting to come of age. 

While the books themselves were rare, it was what the person who gave them went through to get them that made it memorable.  They had taken the time to search nationally for booksellers who had editions I hadn't yet obtained (after stealthily cataloging what I did have), then searched in the UK, where the books were originally printed and released.  In the course of doing so, they actually corresponded with the author - who agreed to donate some of his spare copies.... and sign them

I don't think I had jumped around a living room like that since I was five.  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Frank! So sad!

I suppose if you look at it that way, your family did you a favor by making you as humble as you are today... but I'd have been hard-pressed not to have been really mad. Smiley Mad

I suppose if I'd had the same lesson early, it wouldn't have been so disappointing when my ex bought "me" (read: the household) a food processor for Valentine's Day. Smiley Indifferent

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session! 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, December 21st, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone -

One of my most recent memorable presents I got on Christmas was from my Mother-in-law.  To start off I love purses, she always gets me a purse for special occasions and last year she got me a purse that when I opened it I had to do everything I could to act like I liked it. She always picks out the best purses but this one... well, I am not sure about. It is red and black shiny plaid, just not me.

One of the most best unexpected presents I got was a pair of open heart earrings. My husband and I agreed we were not going to get each other expensive gifts. He waited till everyone was done opening presents and had one more for me to open. What can I say he's a nice guy with a heart! Smiley Tongue

~Misty

Login to Me Too

cherub00
Contributor
Contributor

I want to remove  a credit card and it says I cant because  I have a transfer pending. What does that mean? I pay all my stuff here thru my banking account.  I dont know how it happened, but I payed for 3 items via paypal and it went on my credit card instead of my primary payment which is thru my bank. All the other items i purchased via paypal went thru my bank as it should.The credit card is a back-up. Could that be the problem?  (cant remove back-ups)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi cherub00, and welcome to the community forums!

I've moved your post into our weekly community chat (good timing on your question!) and I am working on a reply for you. I'll have it posted for you in just a few minutes. In the meanwhile, hang out and answer today's icebreaker question. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

cherub00,

You've hit the nail on the head!

When you make a payment through your bank account using Instant Transfer, we pay your seller up front for you while your funds are in process from the bank. That typically takes 3-5 business days, but can take longer if the bank delays it. The credit card acts as a backup funding source, in the event that the bank refuses the payment for insufficient funds or a closed bank account.

If you've made a recent bank-funded transaction, your credit card that was set as the backup funding source can't be removed until all related transactions have finished clearing.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.