Can not Log in to my account

Philonius
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, for the past two days I've been having problems logging into my account.

After entering my email and password (both of which are correct) the log in screen with the "dots" across it appears and simply continues to load. I hit refresh, nothing changes. 

I've attempted to clear my browser cache, cookies, rebooted. I've even tried using a different browser.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It appears Paypal is currently experiencing problems with some members' account overview page. A workaround which seems to work for these members... after entering your password, click on the "Go to" drop-down box and change the selection from "My account" to "My transactions" before clicking on the orange "Log In" button.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Philonius
Contributor
Contributor

Addendum to my post above. I was able to finally log into my account through the support center. I can access certain parts of the account page like Send Money and the other tabs. 

But when I click the "My Account" tab at the top to go to the main account screen the web site just hangs loading and never goes to the screen. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

We were hearing about Login glitches last weekend as well.

My personal opinion is that the servers are overloaded and I've told paypal about this - they added 2 huge accounts a couple of months ago and I think this took them past the point where their servers could handle the load.

Unfortunately, that does not allow an instant solution.

Login to Me Too

JetRanger

6/19/2010 - Ya, I'm having a lotta issues with PAYPAL and the log in problems too,,, and when you call customer service - you really are being transferred to the PHILLIPINES to who knows who,,,,,, isn't that just great !  Lets all talk to someone in another country,,,, that can barely speak english,,,,, just so those in Corporate at PAYPAL, can say they hired Cheap labor, so they can get their bonuses & perks !  Also, thats really good security isn't it,, whats next,, sending calls to communist China or North Korea ????? PayPal is on the way out as a legit pay provider or anything else for that matter,, their over-run with Corporate Ignorance and Stupidity !  Befire long they won't be able to run & operate a lemonade stand without **bleep**ing it up !

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Somebody's having a bad day.....

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It appears Paypal is currently experiencing problems with some members' account overview page. A workaround which seems to work for these members... after entering your password, click on the "Go to" drop-down box and change the selection from "My account" to "My transactions" before clicking on the orange "Log In" button.

Login to Me Too

Philonius
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you much Sandy. This worked for me. 

Yeah it seems the Overview page is complete fail at the moment. Even clicking Overview from the my transactions page causes the page to just idle-load.

Anyway thanks again Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.