CUSTOMER SERVICE IS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

catlover
Contributor
Contributor

I DID NOT REALIZE THAT WHEN YOU CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU ARE NOT IN THE UNITED STATES.  YOU ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. WHO BY THE WAY I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

youngmessiah
Contributor
Contributor

Well 95% of companies have theyre call centers in foreign countries for obvious reasons. If you can't understand understand what the agent is saying simply ask for a transfer or hang up and call again

EDIT: And to the guy above me you can just ask where are you located 😄

Login to Me Too

ezsznative
New Community Member

I REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH OUTSOURCED REPS IN THE PHILLIPINES OR ANY WHERE ELSE AND WHE YOU AS FOR AMERICAN REPRESENTIVE THEY SAY THAT CANT TRANSFER YOU HAVE TO CALL BACK THIS IS BS PEOPLE NEED TO SPEAK UP AND DEMAND THEY DO BUSINESS IN THE STATES I HAVE HAD IT THIS IS WHY THE COUNTRY IS IN SO MUCH FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT JOBS THAT AN AMERICAN COMPANY HAS SENT OVERSEAS IT MUST STOP AND COMPLAINING IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN CHANGE ITS LIKE BUYING GAS... IF WE  BUY FROM AMERICAN COMPANIES AND THE PRICE WILL GO DOWN BECAUSE THE FORIGN COUNTRY ARE GONNA GET AS MUCH AS THEY CAN 550MIL A DAY IS SPENT ON IMPORTED OIL  WAKE UP PEOPLE ONLY WE CAN CHANGE THINGS!!!

Login to Me Too

dcrane
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same way when I call my credit card company and get an operator in North Dakota, or some other state that allows usurious interest rates.  CitiCorp is especially bad about this. They are ripping me off twice, once in interest rates and the second time by taking jobs from my state. That's two reasons why I never accumulate interest on my credit cards.

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, number one, this thread is just out and out bigoted and someone should come along and shut the lot of you down for being so damned IGNORANT. Your prejudices show you to be either a) shallow b) inconsiderate c) callous d) stupid or e) all of the above.

Good frikking grief. *taking a controlled breath to calm down*

If you are in the Americas, and would like to speak to someone regarding your account, have you used the Customer Contact Us button in your account to get your own generated account-specific web pin and Customer Service Phone number to call? This gets you directly to the call center, and I've always dealt with very pleasant people, extrordinarily pleasant people, actually who went out of their way to assist me with whatever problem I was calling in regards to. There was no wait time, they knew what account I was calling about because of the Web-pin and everything was dealt with efficiently and effectively.

You do this by being signed into your account, clicking on the "contact us" link and getting that web pin number and call center number. The web pin number is only effective for one hour, so make sure you are calling within that one hour time frame, or generate another web-pin for when you're ready to make that call.

As for the rest of this conversation, may I remind you that you are not anonymous people who can say anything rude about anyone in another country - you are part of this internet community, you are part of the PayPal community, and more than that, you're part of the "human community" for cripes sakes - please have a little dignity and treat others with respect on these boards. I would ask others to treat you with the same respect - please straighten up and be responsible human beings and don't bring anyone else down with crass statements that I will not repeat. Don't bring  the intelligence level of the conversation down to the dirt and muck.

Please.

Raven

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Everyone!

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread as some of the posts have gotten slightly off topic. 

Thanks to Raveninred for providing a positive perspective on the topic! 

Please refer to our Forum Decorum  for an overview of our community guidelines. 

Thanks for all of your contributions to the community!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Sir_Diesel
Contributor
Contributor

Greeting all,

I have been having trouble getting changes to my account to take affect, so I decided to call and see if someone at PayPal could help me. What I got was a bad phone connection and a person that could not understand or speak English! Back in the day when I first setup my PayPal account you spoke to a happy and pleasant person here in the United States Of America who spoke and understood ENGLISH!

This is wrong on so many levels where does one start?

• How many Americans are out of work?
  • Customer frustrations with language barrier?
  • Customer confidence in account security?
  • Corporate profits (GREED) at it's customers expense?

I, as well as you should expect more, in fact we should not just settle for sub-standard services, it is us, the end users not the shareholders that keep this giant on top.

Login to Me Too

jchenryaia
Contributor
Contributor

I'd just LOVE to find out how to even get on the phone with these people!!!

Login to Me Too

Sir_Diesel
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal from within months of their startup, before Ebay bought them. I think that PayPal has lost some of its customer freindly services all in the name of higher stock prices. If there were a simular service out there to choose from, this would be a prime time to take market shares away from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

NOLoginname
New Community Member

Why do you hire people in the Philippines??  They can not answer the questions!

Login to Me Too

honeybear864
New Community Member

Just had a phone call from PayPal.  I'm on a business trip, and planning to pay my bill online.  I get a call from an obnoxious person, huge accent, could hardly understand them.  She's telling me to pay my bill to her.  I advise her of my intent to pay online.  She INSISTS I pay her, NOW.  I tell her I'm paying in online, as a matter of fact, I have my bills in my lap and am paying bills right now.  SHE INSISTS I pay her and NOW.  I tell her I don't pay anyone from a call that has called me, I tell her I'm paying my bills "as we speak" and she insists I pay her NOW.  I ask her where she is calling from, and she says INDIA.

HEY, PAYPAL, hire AMERICANS!!!!!!! You have a great internet business and huge profits, and you can afford to hire people your customers can understand, who are subject to USA laws about harassing people when they call you.  With the crisis in the USA we need all the jobs HERE that we can get!!!!!!!!  If anyone agrees with me, write a message to Paypal!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.