CUSTOMER SERVICE IS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

catlover
Contributor
Contributor

I DID NOT REALIZE THAT WHEN YOU CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU ARE NOT IN THE UNITED STATES.  YOU ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. WHO BY THE WAY I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That may be an important issue t some (backward) Americans, but it's really unimportant to the rest of the world.

If you can't understand the person, either you're not trying hard enough or you should request a transfer to someone els who may have better command of the English language.

Login to Me Too

photoqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, mr. advisor....sorry but us "backward" americans like a company that knows what it is doing. Its clear that you are on their pay roll. I hate calling and getting sent to someone that have NO idea what they are talking about, read from a script that does NOT answer your questions and puts you on hold with really bad muzak. PLUS, I was once told there were no mangers. Really? NO ONE works above them? There are NO managers? Ugh!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal is the most profitable part of ebay.  They certainly know what they're doing.

I am not on their payroll, I am a seller on ebay and I ALSO know what I am doing.

And you're just dreaming up reasons to support your prejudices.

Login to Me Too

photoqueen
Contributor
Contributor

LOL! That is the FUNNIEST thing I have ever heard.  Paypal is a business and they are into making money, I get that. But their customer service is VERY lacking and their rules they make up as they go along do nothing for 80% of their "members". I am not the only one on here complaining of their holds, customer service and other such isses that they need to work on.

You made me laugh....funny little thing that you are....

Login to Me Too

Arisefoundation
Contributor
Contributor

I am an American but used to be a foreigner for 33 years.  I have the same problem understanding people that have obviously no clue what you are talking about which makes me think they don't understand English and are just reading scripts.  Terrible customer service!

Login to Me Too

American-Made

Ya, It is very sad that you can't even understand the company reps. You have to love these Anti-Americans who believe outsourcing and poor customer service is a good thing. The Sara auto rep. is a waste of time too.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I'm not an American, either.

Login to Me Too

kgh
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE NOT DONE THIS BUT I WAS SENTA E-MAIL THAT SAID IFYOUGET A REPRESENTIVE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY ASK TO SPEAK TO SOME ONE FROM THE UNITED STATES. YOU WILL HAVE TO SAY  THIS TWICE. THEN THEY WILL REDIRECT YOU TO  SOMEONE IN THE UNITED STATES IN FLORIDA. SEE IF IT WORKS.  KGH

Login to Me Too

dcrane
Contributor
Contributor

I would really like to know where these agents are.  I did have trouble hearing him, though his English was OK.  However, it was completely without any accent I have ever heard in my life - and I have traveled around the world working for IBM!

His accent was mechanical.  Not as bad as a computer-generated voice, but clearly artificial.  Who does that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.