Any link I click in my account it logs me out of Paypal.

LizG33

I can log onto my account fine but when I click on any tab i.e. "Requests" "Send" it logs me out. I tried calling Paypal and a recording says "we're having technical issues" and hangs up on me. Whats going on? I have a client who needs to pay their invoice. Please email me let me know. Thank you,

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

MCDesigns
New Community Member

I am having this same issue. I was alerted when I tried to use my PP debit card on USPS.com. I kept getting the 'card is invalid' message. Luckily, I was able to pay through the Paypal option as opposed to credit card. When I logged into my PayPal account, every click sent me back to the log-in page. I'm glad to see others are experiencing this & it's not just me. Anyone have the same issue with the debit card?

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Login to Me Too

Dazzle28
Contributor
Contributor
That has been going on all morning. Tryed to ship early this morning and it kept putting me back to login. I have tried accessing from my hp, my ipad and my mac. All of them do the same thing. I did notice one time that my balance used commas instead of periods if that even makes a difference.
Login to Me Too

PatinCleveland
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got hold of their Tech Support. The lady was very nice but the administrative people at Paypal hadn't bothered to tell her anything and she had to find out that the site was down from customers calling in. She had a short prepared statement to the effect that they were aware of the problem and working on it. The official silence from Paypal is deafening. Why is everything so secretive?  Why do I feel that Paypal is run by a bunch of high school kids in a back room that have no clue what they are doing. And anyone want to bet money that Paypal will never issue so much as a simple "Sorry for the inconvenience"  message to the customers that they have inconvenienced?

Login to Me Too

k1cra
Contributor
Contributor

Found a work around to get to your activity. 

Click on the HELP tab at the top of the login page - login in again if it takes you there.

Find the RESOLUTION CENTER link on the right hand side of page and click on it

Keep logging back in if it takes you back

Once the resolution center opens, go to HISTORY

At least for me, it is taking me to my account activity screen so I can at least see who has paid, etc.

Good luck and thanks PayPal... appreciate the updates and loss of time and business!

Login to Me Too

softheart

The directions k1cra gave are great.  I got into my account following your directions.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

RusticSandy
Contributor
Contributor

@k1cra wrote:

Found a work around to get to your activity. 

Click on the HELP tab at the top of the login page - login in again if it takes you there.

Find the RESOLUTION CENTER link on the right hand side of page and click on it

Keep logging back in if it takes you back

Once the resolution center opens, go to HISTORY

At least for me, it is taking me to my account activity screen so I can at least see who has paid, etc.

Good luck and thanks PayPal... appreciate the updates and loss of time and business!

Thanks!  That worked for me to print a shipping label.  After I was done printing the label, I clicked on account activity and was directed back to the log-in page.  Guess I'll have to wait to withdraw money.  This is frustrating.  Thank you for your post.

Login to Me Too

Abouna
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto.  Just wanted to chime in.  Cripes PP is a buggy.

Login to Me Too

for anyone that uses the android or apple app - you can access through there to make sure customers have paid 

Login to Me Too

PatinCleveland
Contributor
Contributor

It would appear that I cannot transfer money out of my Paypal account while they are down, either.  In essence, they have effectively frozen my account and are holding the payments I have recieved from my customers  hostage while they attempt to resolve their internal problems.  Yes, this is one MAJOR inconvenience !!!!

Login to Me Too

gallfer54
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue is happening for me....any link click takes me back to login page.

Happens in Chrome and IE8.

Interesting fact: with a personal paypal account, this does not happen; it appears to be happening only with merchant accounts.

This is a major **bleep** up for Paypal and leaves us Merchants in a VERY awkward position with our customers!

NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.