Android App isn't showing up in the Android Market

jherr
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else having problems with finding the Android 2.x Paypal application in the Market?  I understand that it shows up for some people but not for others.  I think Paypal needs to flag the application to work on certain phones but it appears that they haven't been very good at that.  I have one of the most popular and capable phones out right now (the HTC EVO) and it has been out since June.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any chance that someone from Paypal can send it to me?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

drdaddyo
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. I can't find it.  I'm using the Motorola I1 and it's not showing up in the market. Have you found any luck on your end locating it?

Login to Me Too

thebandito
New Community Member

I'm also having this problem on my Droid X on 2.2

Login to Me Too

spazzpro
New Community Member

I have the same issue. Paypal mobile is listed on the paypal site for blackberry, iphone, and android, but the link for android is not present. I wonder if they are redoing the app or what? kinda irritates me since I just ditched my blackberry for the evo.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!,

The PayPal App is difficult to find in the Android market.  From my experience,  when looking in the Android Market the apps are not organized as well as they could be.

Every time I have needed to find the app, I have used the search function and found it available for download.  

• Click on the magnifying glass when in the market and type in PayPal.
  • Click the magnifying glass again to search.
  • When the App comes up...download as you normally download apps.

This is how I have located the PayPal app ever time I have needed to find it.  I have located it this way with the Hero, Droid, and Evo. 

Please let us know if you were able to find it.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

VisorsUSA
New Community Member

On your Android phone, click on Marketplace,  then click on "Top Free" and scroll down to PayPal and download from there.  Once I found it, it was easy!  They should probably make it easier to find on the PayPal website!

Login to Me Too

azn1viet
Contributor
Contributor

can't find it anywhere in Martket!!! by using all kind of suggestions here, why so hard instead of puting a link on paypal to directly download???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi azn1viet,

I'm sorry you're having a tough time finding it! Are you typing "PayPal" all as one word? It comes up right away on all the devices I have tested. I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

azn1viet
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using PayPal for around 10 yrs+, I'm an Android Developer. I'm also a Programmer who intergrated Paypal to my website. I even try to search the code name "com.paypal.android.p2pmobile" on market . I also used external site like http://www.androidapps.com to scan the QR bar code. Do a research on the internet via google and found out not only me have that problem.... Nothing works. That's why I suggest you to post a manually download on PayPal website for someone who have this problem like me. Just to let you know that Paypal on Apple App store for iPhone works just fine!

My phone is original Droid 2.2. i can't find PayPal since I bought it with Android  2.01 then 2.1.

Login to Me Too

YanksOnTop
New Community Member

Ever since i upgraded to Froyo that PayPal app isnt anywhere to be found on the app market.  Can we get a manual download from you guys please...

Thanks..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.