whenever i try to link my debit card with paypal it always says card declined

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @Immaya22

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you are having issues adding your card and you have already reached out to your bank/card provider. 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new bank account. 

It is important to ensure this bank account has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your bank again. After 72 hours, please try and add your bank via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. 
To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gameymarallad 

'This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.' means that Paypal are getting a denial message from your bank when you are trying to add the card. When you add a card or update the details Paypal charge a temporary amount of $1.00. If this is not approved the card cannot be added. If you keep getting this message then call the number on the back of your card to check the issue with your bank. If the Visa you are trying to add is virtual or issued online you would need to try another card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Immaya22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass , I am actually getting the same error "Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method." I already reached out to my issuing bank and was told that they don't decline any transactions, I was advised that as long as the card is active it should be good to go. I was also trying to use other card that I have but I still get the same error. I think this is a system issue for Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi there @Immaya22

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you are having issues adding your card and you have already reached out to your bank/card provider. 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new bank account. 

It is important to ensure this bank account has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your bank again. After 72 hours, please try and add your bank via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. 
To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Omoologo
Contributor
Contributor
Me too and if I want to link my bank account it will not do why
Login to Me Too

moofy
Contributor
Contributor

My confirmed bank account is listed as nil. Something is going on with Paypal today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.