"accept the Direct Debit Mandate" problem when connecting bank account with paypal account

Josescaf
New Community Member

Hi everyone!

I am experiencing this problem when i am trying to connect my bank account with my paypal account... After verification process is done, it asks me this:
"To pay at checkout with this bank account, you’ll first need to accept the Direct Debit Mandate. Complete setup"

Then i push on COMPLETE SETUP and it shows me this error message:

"PayPal: Internal Error
We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.
Return to Home"

It's several days that it is doing like that.

Did anyone experienced something similar? Have you got a solution?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

rrice
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue, I can't get through to customer services and the email just returns with 'how to validate your bank account'  Therefore no one is reading the emails, it seems to be an automatic service.

Login to Me Too

davidmo
New Community Member

Hi all,

I have the same issue here. Anybody found a solution? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Dat_Boy_Angel
New Community Member
I'm currently experiencing the same problem if anyone has found a solution it would be much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MichalisM
Same problem for several days! Anyone found a solution to that?
Login to Me Too

Stefanos13
Contributor
Contributor

Same goes here. Tried to add my second bank account and i get the same error. Basically at first i get a white page -nothing happens- and as soon as i hit the reload page button the error pops up

Login to Me Too

meowmeow83
Contributor
Contributor

me too, I have sent two emails to support and received no response in more than a week.

Login to Me Too

meowmeow83
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. I sent to support emails but no response until I sent a customer complaint message, and then one of my original messages was replied to saying there was a technical issue and it's being looked at, that several users have this problem, but they have no time line on when this will be fixed. They said to just keep trying again. It's pretty clear they are under resourced and facing bigger issues if this has gone unfixed for so long.

Login to Me Too

Toshiwoz
Contributor
Contributor

As of 29 Jan 2021 it's still happening.

It would be great if this is solved before the end of this COVID-19 crisis, without PayPal I can't receive most of my payments and have to spend more to actually get my money.

Login to Me Too

yr4
Contributor
Contributor

As of June 2020 this is still happening, i can't buy any items on ebay due to this, please fix this soon...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.