"Sorry we weren't able to authorize your card. Add a different card."

Rajeshkumardey
New Community Member

I'm prompted with this message even though I confirmed my card from my account and YES it isn't registered with any other account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jae

Hey there @Rajeshkumardey & @Dakota159!

I apologize to hear you're unable to add your card! I understand how aggravating that can be. This message can appear if our security system is not comfortable with processing your request at that time or if your financial was added and removed too many times where it's not eligible for further action. If you added and removed the card multiple times, you may have to add a different one. If not, I recommend trying again in a few days with a cleared browser and familiar device. Hope this helps!

- Jae

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Dakota159
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue. Have you found a solution?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jae

Hey there @Rajeshkumardey & @Dakota159!

I apologize to hear you're unable to add your card! I understand how aggravating that can be. This message can appear if our security system is not comfortable with processing your request at that time or if your financial was added and removed too many times where it's not eligible for further action. If you added and removed the card multiple times, you may have to add a different one. If not, I recommend trying again in a few days with a cleared browser and familiar device. Hope this helps!

- Jae

Login to Me Too

AmberMitchell
Contributor
Contributor

This is a weak answer.  I've had a PayPal account for many years, more than 10 for sure.  None of my cards are new or being "added," I've used them hundreds of times.  Nothing on my account has changed.  I'm on my own, personal, completely recognized device.  This is a real issue!  A real answer would be awesome.

Login to Me Too

Picaso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @AmberMitchell

Did you find the solution?

Login to Me Too

Zaurens
Contributor
Contributor

Its an utter bullcrap non-answer; I've never done anything with my card other than use it for a few purchases and withdrawls

Login to Me Too

SaremAmmar
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Jae 

I have the same exact issue .. I tried after three days .. I cleared browser's cash

The problem is still exist

I could not pay !!

PLEEEASE .. Tell us what to do?

SaremAmmar_0-1632325045189.png

Login to Me Too

sveisko
Contributor
Contributor

I have started getting this message as well. Been using PayPal for probably more than 10 years, current card is valid and has funds and have been used in probably more than 100 transactions without issues. Anyone found a solution?

Login to Me Too

WilliamLWL
Contributor
Contributor

It is not just one card.
All cards are affected. Can Paypal please do something about it.

Login to Me Too

NathanDrakeee
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah absolutely worthless answer, another terrible paypal mod thanks for absolutely nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.