"Sorry we weren't able to authorize your card. Add a different card."

Rajeshkumardey
New Community Member

I'm prompted with this message even though I confirmed my card from my account and YES it isn't registered with any other account

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_JonK

Hello @NathanDrakeee and everyone else, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I understand it can be a bit frustrating running into an error when trying to add a card to your account. What @PayPal_Jae stated is correct, but I'd be happy to provide a bit more guidance here as well. I pulled a Help Center article for you all which you may find useful: Why can’t I link my credit or debit card to my PayPal account?

If you've tried all those recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. 

Good luck and best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

joanbarros
Contributor
Contributor

Been getting this issue for a while now. I initially thought it was an isolated issue related to one card or one merchant. I've now tried to use my PayPal a whole lot of times and keep getting this issue with every card, every time.

Honestly I'm done being frustrated with PayPal... I'm done. PayPal has been on the decline for a while now with issues like this that make it unusable and weird regulation driven bs that blocks me from 90% of the features that I should be able to get.

I think the only thing left for me is cancel my account and or forget about PayPal and never use it again. I'm done with PayPal.... done.

Login to Me Too

sickl8

same issue, card and paypal were linked normally without any issue, now when prompted to pay from paypal and choosing the card, I get this stupid error

Login to Me Too

serasoleh
Getting the same problem! What happen to paypal?
Login to Me Too

typical_90s_kid
New Community Member

I had this issue while trying to pay for a shipping label on ebay and I found that deselecting the "Use PayPal for future payments" option fixed it. Tad inconvenient that can't auto set up future payments, but at least able to get around the error! 

Login to Me Too

akaclever
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! This worked for me! :lia_grinning-face-with-[Removed. Phone #s not permitted].png:

Login to Me Too

Moonbeam133
New Community Member

I’m assuming this is due to the upcoming changes to PayPal? I’ve had the exact same message yesterday and today, my card has been linked for over 3 years, never removed it or re added it, never had issues before with it. 183 people currently having the same problem! (And that’s just on this site!) it still works for eBay but not when using PayPal for other merchants. I hope PayPal take this more seriously than a rather condescending response to us all. We need a solution not be patronised! 

Login to Me Too

west_89

Exactly, same to me. My card has been linked for over 2 years,  I had not this problem before.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Rajeshkumardey and @west_89,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the error with the card. Please be advised that our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity of adding card/bank can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, you may try again at later time. If the issue persists, please contact your card issuer and check the if there are any issues from their end, ensure that they accept electronic transfers and ask them to authorize the amount. As PayPal may charge a card a temporary $1.00 amount whenever card information is added, edited, updated, or changed. This is an important security feature that is an industry-standard for online processing because it allows us to verify that you are the account holder of the card and that the card information is correct. My apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.