"Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

Temp20201215AL
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my bank account, but I keep getting this error message: "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts." I have tried all Help options and I still can't figure out what the problem is. Please help! Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31
Solved

Hasu0
New Community Member

Just in case anyone has the same problem as me... 

I just tell you what I did, and yeah, it does help. 

This is basically just a way on: 

A. "How to remove a linked bank account"

B. "How to close your PayPal account"

in my case, I'm trying to link my bank account to my new PayPal account, since I've renewed my bank account username(or whatever you call it), and PayPal need the same username as the bank account's username so you can do transfers. As far as I know. So yeah. Since changing PayPal's account name seems troublesome, so I had to make a new account instead.

A. Based on that, I just need to delete the bank account that has linked to my previous account right? 

by the way, you can do that by :

1. click the "gear" button in the upper right corner, right beside the "log out", & "bell" button

2. tap "account setting" (or the second option)

3. click the "money, banks and cards" option in the "BUSINESS PROFILE" section. (it should be the third option in that section)

4. if you see your "bank account" on the right, and you see "edit" at the end of the bank's name, click it. (it's "blue" in color)

5. Lastly, you may find the blue "remove bank" button. That's it.

B. I did that, and yet, I still receive the same "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts." notification. 

So I had to remove/delete/Close my PayPal account. 

Here's how I did it:

1. click the "gear" button in the upper right corner, right beside the "log out", & "bell" button

2. tap "account setting" (or the second option)

3. find the "account preferences" on the left and click it. (or it should be at the 'second option' in the "ACCOUNT & SECURITY" section)

4. see "Account type" on the right, and you will find a blue "close account" button at the end of it. And, yes that's it.

5. Afterward, you just have to follow the instruction. 

Unfortunately, I still receive the same "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts." notification thereafter.

So I'm guessing the process takes time, and I choose to wait a bit. After that, I try to link it once more and yep. I can successfully link my bank account into my new PayPal account. 

*note: I did this at the end of 2019 by the way

Thank you for reading and I'm terribly sorry if I get any of it wrong.  

Login to Me Too

freelancecoder
New Community Member

I am having this same problem, so in your last comment, you were able to successfully link your bank account. I also did the same thing just now, I would like to know how many days did it take for you to finally linked it?

Thank you, I hope you reply to my query. Good day and best regards.

@Temp20201215AL 

Login to Me Too

uscatholicam

So what do you do when you don't actually have this bank linked to any Paypal accounts and you're getting this message anyway?

Login to Me Too

RajerThat

How long did you have to wait?

Login to Me Too

Tgreen163
Contributor
Contributor
So I just got some small deposits to my checking account. From PayPal. I never signed up for paypal. So I was furious and curious. I made a business account and tried to link my account to my paypal because customer support told me they cannot help me locate the account trying to link to my bank! I got this error saying max links...I'm afraid after having my account only 2 months I have been breached. Only time I ever gave out my acc and routing number was for the stupid stimulus payment. Now I check every day just waiting for money to be stolen. I'd there anything I can do to unlinked my bank from whoever's account its linked to. I guess I'm going to have to close my bsnk.
Login to Me Too

Stradivari
New Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue pretty much. Never used my bank account for any paypals.

Signed up with new account and I cannot link to my bank account... customer support is as useless as ever.

Stradivari_1-1609303795709.png

Login to Me Too

Dare7
New Community Member

I have that problem too, but i dont have other paypal accounts and it's not connet on other paypal accounts fix that 

Login to Me Too

Ryushinjr99
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I do not have any other pay pal accounts and, I am having the same bank linking issue.

Hoping somebody can fix this problem

Login to Me Too

Ultraleevi
New Community Member
Yeah same issues with this And I got only one account on PayPal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ultraleevi 

Nothing to do with the number of paypal accounts you have, you can only add a bank account to a paypal account x3 times in that bank accounts lifetime.

So if you have added and removed it x3 times from your present paypal account then thats the limit. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.