"Buy $25+ in Crypto, Get $25" offer actually has a $50 minimum?

JonBz
Contributor
Contributor

At my last login, PayPal displayed an ad for a "Buy $25+ in Crypto, Get [a] $25 [voucher]" offer.  However, the only options to buy crypto are for: $20, $50, $100, $500.  I.e., one "really" has to purchase at least $50 in crypto and not what PayPal is advertising, yes?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JonBz 

That can’t be. You should be able to buy in whatever amount you want. I think those are quick predetermined amount buy buttons for convenience if you want to buy in those amounts. Just click blue ‘buy’ button instead of the ‘amount’ buttons.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JonBz 

That can’t be. You should be able to buy in whatever amount you want. I think those are quick predetermined amount buy buttons for convenience if you want to buy in those amounts. Just click blue ‘buy’ button instead of the ‘amount’ buttons.

Login to Me Too

JonBz
Contributor
Contributor

Ahh, that's a button!  It all makes sense now.  🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JonBz 

Keep in mind that PayPal charges transaction fees on the crypto and it doesn’t count towards meeting the $25 requirement, so you must take the fees into account and buy more than $25 worth.

The $25 award comes in the form of a voucher found on the Offers page.

Qualifying Transaction(s)”: A Purchase of twenty-five ($25) U.S. dollars (“USD”) or more of any of the four cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash) available, using a Valid Account with PayPal during the Qualifying Transaction Period. The twenty-five ($25) USD amount must be for a single type of coin in a single transaction.

A Qualifying Transaction does not include: (1) purchase(s) of cryptocurrency made on servers other than PayPal; (2) purchase(s) of two or more different types of cryptocurrencies equaling twenty-five ($25) USD or more; (3) multiple purchases of one coin equaling twenty-five ($25) USD or more; and (4) PayPal transaction fees.”

See the offer terms and conditions for more info.

Login to Me Too

Temp20211019d
New Community Member
But I bought $25, and they charged my bank for 25.58. Which includes the fees. So, I would think I bought exactly $25 worth of crypto. Has anybody seen the “credit” actually applied ?
Login to Me Too

Ladybugg3
I did the same thing as you and I have NOT received the$25 voucher
Login to Me Too

AndieCrayons
New Community Member
Did you ever get your voucher?
Login to Me Too

GemieD
Contributor
Contributor

No I have not received my $25 credit.  I tried to use the paypal messaging help and the response I received was basically that I must've done it wrong and there is nothing they can do to change anything.  I told them I saved the deal like it said, made the purchase ($25.58 came out of my account) and the instructions gave a date range of when to expect the $25 credit, but it never came.  I have not received a response since then.

Login to Me Too

I just filed the exact same problem on PayPal Assistant message system.

My account was also charged $25.58 total.

With all the scams going around these days, it's terrible we now must beware of scams directly through PayPal.

No reply from PayPal yet.  

@GemieD 

Login to Me Too

Ladybugg3
I was able to buy $25. You needed to enter that amount manually.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.