how long do I wait to add an old credit card

exhar
New Community Member
am trying to add an old card card but it keeps telling me not at this time what can I do
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that you have problems when trying to add your card. Happens here all the time. Good news is, you will eventually get there. It might drive you nuts, and you might loose some sleep, but hey - it's PayPal and they will not leave you hanging. Right? 👀 Just hang in there. Try to stay positive. These issues tend to go away themselves over time. Like magic.

Meanwhile, you can try few things:

1. If you have been using PayPal website when attempting to add the card, try to use app instead.

2. Then again, if you have been using the app, try adding the old card using the website.

3. Sometimes using a different browser might help. Especially when you are an Apple user like me. Boy this Safari is something else. Have you tried Firefox? As a mac user, whenever I stumble on anomalies like you describe, I use Firefox and 99% of the time I will get the expected results.

4. Is the "old card" still valid?

5. Check if you do not add the same card twice?

6. Can this card be linked to a different paypal account?

Start with these. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@exhar 

Do you mean you have removed it from an old account and want to re-add it?

If so allow 72 hours / clear your cache and cookies and then try and add it.

If not contact customer services to add it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.