how delete credit card from an account closed to add thar car on new account

darcydjesus
New Community Member

Yesterday I opened a new paypal account, I went through the whole process until I verified with my MACH credit card, but the billing information was wrong because by mistake I opened this account with the address of the country Venezuela and the credit card that I used She is Chilean. After doing the validation and they made me the security charge for the validation, I proceeded to make the link of this paypal account in the Playstation Nework to make a payment but it gave a payment error on said card, so I thought that the error was for the wrong billing address of Venezuela on that card. I proceeded to close and cancel that paypal account to then create a new one with the country of origin Chile and thus be able to place the real data of the billing of that same MACH card. Now it does not allow me to associate that card because it still appears linked to the PayPal account that I previously closed and canceled. What I can do

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @darcydjesus

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 

I would advise waiting at least 72 hours before attempting to add this card to your new account as it can take some time to be removed from the old account. After 72 hours, please try and add your card via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new card. 

It is important to ensure this card has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: I am getting an error when I try to link my credit or debit card. Why?

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.