Help!!!!! Can't add PayPal to Google Play

Joy0630
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if this is will help you, but this was happening to me for well over a month. Today I decided to try to add an app on Google Play, and a notification told me that I wasn't allowed to download the app because it didn't comply with my parental controls. Needless to say, I went into my settings on Google Play, and somehow my parental controls were turned on. Once I turn my parental controls off, it allowed Google Play and PayPal to work together. My payment processed after I turned off my parental controls. I hope this helps you. 🙂

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Rodmanjun
New Community Member
Hi i already have link debit card on paypal but still receiving the same issue
Login to Me Too

leroykendall
New Community Member

Hi.

I was not able link my PayPal account to Google Play account with the same error "OR-PPLEH-16" because of a country.

What is wrong with my country?

Regards.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @leroykendall

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues linking your PayPal and Google Play accounts. As PayPal's services are based country-specific, not all services may be offered in every single country. Can you share your country with us so we can see if the option to use Google Play is available in your locale?

Thanks!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jinckst
Contributor
Contributor
this is not helpful at all - and doesn't explain why it suddenly stopped working. I have no intention of ever getting a credit card and my debit card isn't accepted
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jinckst and everyone else!

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues adding PayPal to your Google Play store. Have you tried confirming your card to see if that works? If it doesn't, you may want to try adding you bank account onto your PayPal account or try adding the card directly to your Google Play store to see if it's accepted. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

KevCono

I did this. But I cannot make payments to anything related to Google apparently. Not even a youtube subscription to stop the ads.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @KevCono,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern here. You can make payments on Google Play using payment methods from your Google account. Please refer to this page for more information on fixing payment issues in your google account : Fix payment issues on your account

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.