balance problem

HaraSpir
Contributor
Contributor

I've made a purchase on 12th of May the total was 37.62euros the company got the payment as I called them to make sure they did, Now my balance is -37.62 euros and paypal asks me to put that money again in my account!! Why does it happen? it is like paying for that order twice!! What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HaraSpir 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later. If there were insufficient funds in your bank account or card then paypal will put the paypal account into negative until you pay them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HaraSpir
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your instant reply, I do get what you are telling me above but there is something that I still do not understand , you do credit the seller upfront for me  in order to get my order on time and then you get the money from but the thing here is that I had already put the money in my bank account before I made the order! Moreover, it is almost a month and my account is still negative! Also, another question as I am new here and there are still things I am trying to get on how the whole paypal thing works,  if I put the money, I mean the negative balance of 37euros, will paypall keep that or I'll be able to make any new order I want? 

Login to Me Too

HaraSpir
Contributor
Contributor

I've put the money in my account and when I try to pay the money I owe to paypal this is the message I get!!

''This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different funding method or add a different credit card.''

I do not know what should I do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.