add credit/debit card issue

rasetar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, right now I wanted to link my new debit card with paypal wallet. Paypal says that my card is already linked to another account even though I got my brand new debit card today. So basically they are saying that my card is linked even though it is the brand new one with new numbers and expiration date. 

Please help

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rasetar 

No it would be treated as the same card as both old and new cards belong/ed to the same card account.

You would need to contact customer services to try and remove the card from the other paypal account.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rasetar 

Do you have a debit card (linked to that same card account but an older one) linked to another paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rasetar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have checked and it turns out it is already linked to a X account but this card has different cvv number and expiration date on it. 

And of course I forgot on which account is my previous debit card connected...

Is there any solution ?

Login to Me Too

rasetar
Contributor
Contributor

So basically my old debit card expired and I had to renew it. And that card was connected to another paypal account and different email address also. And now I got that same debit card but with new expiration date and new CVV number. 

Isnt that treated as a brand new debit card? And also I dont know on which paypal account is my old debit card connected....

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rasetar 

No it would be treated as the same card as both old and new cards belong/ed to the same card account.

You would need to contact customer services to try and remove the card from the other paypal account.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.