Your card was declined by the issuing bank

RobertBA63
Contributor
Contributor

So I got a new visa card with around 15-20 dollars on it and when I try to confirm my card it says "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Hosam_Elsaied and everyone! 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues adding a card to your PayPal account. If the card has been declined by your bank, normally we recommend reaching out to your bank to see what the issue may be. However, here's a Help Center article you may find useful: Why can't I add my credit or debit card to my PayPal account?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobertBA63 wrote:

So I got a new visa card with around 15-20 dollars on it and when I try to confirm my card it says "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." please help!

Is it a prepaid card? You need to register the card with your name and mailing address that matches your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RobertBA63
Contributor
Contributor

thank you I'll try later

Login to Me Too

triixah09
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Please help me I already tried to match my details (name, address etc.) to my card details but still there is an error "Your card was declined by the issuing bank".

Login to Me Too

RobertBA63
Contributor
Contributor

hey dude idk how to do that

Login to Me Too

stlnm
New Community Member
Have you solved it?
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525DS
New Community Member
I tried to link my card through my PayPal account but isn't linked, it's always declined my card. Please solve this issue for me
Login to Me Too

ZethuZ
Did you manage to sort this out? Because I have the same problem and I could use some direction.
Login to Me Too

Hosam_Elsaied
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to sort this out? Because I have the same problem and I could use some direction. i,m from Egypt

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Hosam_Elsaied and everyone! 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues adding a card to your PayPal account. If the card has been declined by your bank, normally we recommend reaching out to your bank to see what the issue may be. However, here's a Help Center article you may find useful: Why can't I add my credit or debit card to my PayPal account?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.