Why am i being asked for my bank account password?

iszopuff
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried to send a payment, PayPal asked for my bank account username and password. When I put them in, there was a technical error. I can't send payments without confirming my payment method. I can't confirm my payment method because of the error. Why is PayPal asking for my bank account password in the first place?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Heer_S
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @iszopuff 

Thank you for the post. I am sorry to know you are unable to send payments from bank through PayPal. I would like to inform you that any funding source added to PayPal need to be confirmed before making the payment from it. I suggest you to check if the bank account is confirmed. If not, please Confirm it. If you face any issues, please Contact Us for better assistance. 

Thank you
Heer

Login to Me Too

iszopuff
Contributor
Contributor
My bank account is already confirmed and has been for years. WHY am I being asked for my bank account login? PayPal does not need to log into my bank website to confirm it. Tell me WHY and make it STOP please.
Login to Me Too

iszopuff
Contributor
Contributor
What is Yodlee and why is it asking for my bank info? Make it stop.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.