Verify account for bank account payment

Stelcom66
Contributor
Contributor

I have Paypal as a payee in my online banking, but I haven't used it in years. It doesn't show the entire account number. I don't see my account number in my profile. How do I see that or how can I verify the payee option is still valid? I'll also ask the question in my online banking site. I suppose I could transfer a few dollars to test it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Stelcom66, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

When you link your bank account to PayPal, we only display the last four digits of the bank account on your profile. This is because we encrypt these details to protect your banking information from any unauthorised activity.

For more information on your bank account on PayPal, please click the following link My Wallet (paypal.com).

I hope this helps,

- Sean

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Stelcom66, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

When you link your bank account to PayPal, we only display the last four digits of the bank account on your profile. This is because we encrypt these details to protect your banking information from any unauthorised activity.

For more information on your bank account on PayPal, please click the following link My Wallet (paypal.com).

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Stelcom66
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sean, it appears my bank sent a check! I would have thought they could do an electronic transfer. The status shows 'Mailed'. Every one of my other payments are always electronic. I'll check my Paypal account in a few days. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.