Unable to link a bank account [This account need a little help]

itzsalah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal Community , i'd like to link a bank account to my paypal but it says "This account needs a little help to link it. Contact us and we can help with that, or you can link a different account."
Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itzsalah 

For Algeria, you must link a US bank account or a Visa card.

Please read: PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itzsalah 

For Algeria, you must link a US bank account or a Visa card.

Please read: PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement

Login to Me Too

itzsalah
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Hi bro , i tried to link and US Bank account

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itzsalah wrote:

@sharpiemarker Hi bro , i tried to link and US Bank account

Then you’ll need to contact customer service to help you link it.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

CIH
New Community Member

Riiiiight, if I was able to contact customer service I would not be trolling through the many similar requests for help as I have for my problem linking my Paypal account to my bank account.

Since I already was able to link the same bank to a personal account I have no idea what the problem could be.  Or that might be it.  I'll unlink that account from my personal account and try again when there is no paypal to conflict. Nope, that did not work.

Too bad there are no human beings one could talk to.  Does anyone know of a Paypal competitor?  Oh, Square for Business!!!

Login to Me Too

rs4ever101

I tried to link my U.S. Bank account but I keep getting this message: This account needs a little help to link it. Contact us and we can help with that, or you can link a different account. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

charlesfe
New Community Member

I've been trying to link my Bank of America account for about six months now, each month I go down this time wasting path of dealing with their automated chat system which is complete crap, then calling Paypal customer support, getting to a human after about 15 minutes of angry yelling at my phone, then getting transferred to Paypal Credit customer support, then getting to a human after about 15 minutes of angry yelling at my phone, then getting transferred back to Paypal customer support and giving up when its the automated system once again. I repeat this every month thinking "surely this must be fixed by now." Nope.

TL;DR it's impossible to get actual support to perform the most basic operation of linking a bank account with one of the largest US banks.

Login to Me Too

Trendiesproduct
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have same problem 

[removed]

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey everyone! 

@Trendiesproduct, I am sorry to see you are also running into issues while trying to add your bank account to PayPal. 

I will leave some advice below that can hopefully help you all 🙂 

I would ask that you all please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new bank account. 

It is important to ensure this bank account has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: Why can't I add my bank? (paypal.com)

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your bank again. After 72 hours, please try and add your bank via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.