Unable to convert currencies

mseerah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have been struggling for sometime now with converting my pounds to dollars, which is strange cause previously I used to do it with no issues, until this week. Can someone please assist, PayPal is testing my patience, they think they're special honestly. Anyway I get the following error when converting 'We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later.', how do I resolve it, please anybody. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Eshekieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I was also experiencing this problem but stumbled upon a fix for this. If you have any funds in USD, convert them to GBP first, then convert the GBP to USD. It worked for me. it works even if you just have 0.75 USD. convert them to GBP or any other currency and you will be good to go.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

Eshekieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I was also experiencing this problem but stumbled upon a fix for this. If you have any funds in USD, convert them to GBP first, then convert the GBP to USD. It worked for me. it works even if you just have 0.75 USD. convert them to GBP or any other currency and you will be good to go.

Login to Me Too

mseerah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, thank you so much for your response,I just tried the solution and it worked out fine 🙂
Login to Me Too

EguarS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Eshekieri I tried that method and it worked. Thank you so much. I hope everyone who has a problem converting currencies will stumble upon your reply

Login to Me Too

inconsequentia
Contributor
Contributor

What I would like to do: convert my BPS to US dollar. I have done this many times with no issue, now I cannot for days. I tried the suggested solution of converting some US back and forth but was unable to do that either. Has anyone found an answer to this?

Login to Me Too

EdwardKylle22
Hi Could you please give me a step by step process on how to do this? I'm so sorry because i tried it and it didn't work. I'm not sure if what i did is right. Thank you so much
Login to Me Too

Emsotto

Hi. I am having the same issue right now. I followed the solution to convert from USD to GBP then GBP to USD, yet, does not work for me. I lived in the PH and trying to convert it to PESO. Please help 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.