Unable to connect my creditcard to my paypal

Mirkec1892
New Community Member

Unable to connect my credit card to paypal. It says that they couldnt confirm my card. Even tho im able to pay with my card online, paypal just doesnt accepts it... HELP. Im from germany so it asks me to confirm on my phone app from my bank which i did and even the app says that everything is fine. Just paypal doesnt accepts my card

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Mirkec1892

I understand you need help adding a card to your PayPal account. 

I would ask that you please ensure you do not have any outstanding account limitations. You can view any limitations on your Resolution Center when you select 'Go To Account Limitations'. Any limitations may need to be resolved before you can add a new card. 

It is important to ensure this card has your own name registered to it. More information can be found here: I am getting an error when I try to link my credit or debit card. Why?

This could also be a security block. I would suggest waiting for 72 hours before trying to add your card again. After 72 hours, please try and add your card via the PayPal website rather than the app. Please also avoid using any VPNs. 

If this does not work, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service team directly. To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.