Two of my transactions are held due to unauthorized transaction

Gerard35
New Community Member

"This payment has been selected for review and we have opened an investigation.
This is a security measure meant to protect you from problem transactions. We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the investigation is complete."

I have two transactions that are held due to unauthorized transaction. I already provided details to paypal that I sent my digital goods to the buyer. However, I read past experiences where legitimate sellers get scammed by buyers because the buyer simply said that they did not authorize the transaction and paypal decides in their favor. I already have a negative balance and I am afraid that the money will not be released to me. How long does it take to review this case? Also, why would paypal not verify if the payment is made by the user before telling the seller to send the items. I've already sent the codes, and if paypal decides that I it was unauthorized transaction then I lose money because someone else was hacked? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @Gerard35!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community!

I'm sorry to hear your transactions have been placed on hold. I understand your concern, however, if the transactions are commercial payments covered by PayPal Seller Protection, you won't lose your money. 

Kind regards,

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.