Transfer from Bank Account pending for 3 weeks

decosiss
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a buyer on eBay who wants to buy several $$$ items of furniture from me, we have been in touch since March 2021 as he was not sure when he was moving to his new home. We have messaged over 30 times since then, he has 0 feedback and doesn't seem to know his way around eBay, but that is ok because a lot of my buyers are like that. 

Anyway, he has picked out over 45K worth of stuff. About 2 weeks ago or more he said that his accountant told him not to directly use his big credit cards on eBay, so he set up a Paypal account, he said he transferred a large sum of money, he keeps telling me it hasn't cleared yet. I can't exchange information with him or I will get flagged so most I can do is try to find out more from him via messages but it has been frustrating.

So my question is -- is it possible that it takes that long for $$$ to be transferred from a confirmed bank account? I can't imagine it does, most likely he hasn't confirmed his account, but I have tried to ask him that and he doesn't know. AHHHH - I asked him if he had someone trustworthy to help him navigate the technical stuff. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hi @decosiss,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

I understand your concern. If the payment was sent to your PayPal account and is pending on the senders side, then the payment would still show up in your PayPal account as pending. Unless your email is not confirmed, you should be able to see any pending received payments. You might want to advise the sender to screenshot the payment activity so you can confirm that it was sent. 

I hope this helps! 

-Megan S. 

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.