Can't send crypto

dshannon21
Contributor
Contributor

s it even possible to send crypto to an external wallet, I only get a very general error from paypal even thou i have bitcoin, have a valid bitcoin address to send to, have verified my personal info. Only get some general error message like "cannot do this transaction at this time" what a joke! I;m very experienced and am doing this all correctly and its obvious its a problem within paypal. So all said and done i got ripped off for fees having to sell my bitcoin back to cash and just use my current exchange. Utterly zero help from paypal and zero knowledge from customer service, that means zero chance that you have my business going forward. Thanx for no help with your services

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
148 REPLIES 148

DaBoss045
New Community Member

Technical error when sending crypto to another wallet

Login to Me Too

Temp20220919A
Contributor
Contributor
Same. I've reinstalled the app and attempted on multiple devices and still can't transfer. I can buy/sell btc no problem, it's only transferring that's an issue.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @DaBoss045 and @Temp20220919A

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've both run into some issues sending Bitcoin to other PayPal users. I found the following Help Center article to guide you a bit further: How do I transfer my Crypto?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
That does not help. It's obvious that if they are having an error while trying to send that they must have already knew and did what was in the sent instructions. Paypal us the worse and the customer service sucks. I am having the same issue and when I write, it takes days to get a response. This is why Paypal will never be as successful as Amazon or Apple.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Anonymous_User,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue when trying to transfer your crypto. I know this must be frustarting. It sounds like you may be experiencing a technical issue. This can happen from time to time. 

I would suggest you clear your cache and cookies, or try again using an alternative browser. Sometimes the system just needs time to reset. 

If you continue to experience this issue, please contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

Thank you for your patience!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

NoFear19
Contributor
Contributor
Tell customers the truth that paypal lied to the world about being able to send crypto to external wallets.
Login to Me Too

2023Crypto
Contributor
Contributor

Useless.  PayPal knows what the issue is.  They simply want to hold onto the money to invest and use your money to earn money form themselves.  Criminals.

Login to Me Too

NoFear19
Contributor
Contributor
It's happening to alot of people. Nobody can get a verification for the sending to external wallets and this needs to be put out there in public so business and people know what PayPal is not doing like they put in the news for people to send Bitcoin. PayPal is scamming customers by taking thier fees and having to sell thier own crypto back to themselves for another fee because they can't send it no where else.
Login to Me Too

1Nhjmc
Contributor
Contributor
EXACTLY!! It is super annoying when it happens. LEGIT I have paid omg hundreds of dollars in fees over time. It’s ridiculous. Why it happens randomly is too much buying and selling or transferring crypto to an external wallet sets off some sort of security alert/block with PayPal’s system. Like someone else mentioned have to give it time like sometimes days to reset itself. I made the mistake of calling PayPal customer service about this issue and the next day they locked both my accounts. Friggin ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous is that once you provide the handful of documents they ask for then wait day to days for it to be reviewed that doesn’t guarantee them lifting the limitation. And if they don’t guess what happens next?…. You have to wait 180 DAYS to get a refund check mailed to you. Facts. I was just informed of this by PayPal customer service a week ago.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.