Subject: Issue with Linking Visa Card to PayPal Account

MilosAleksic
New Community Member

Subject: Issue with Linking Visa Card to PayPal Account

Dear PayPal,

I am reaching out to you once again regarding an ongoing issue I am experiencing with linking my Visa card to my PayPal account. I have already contacted my bank multiple times, and after a lengthy conversation with them, I decided to reach out to you for further assistance.

On May 24th, I received my Visa card from my bank. Unfortunately, I was unaware that I needed to have at least 5 USD in my account and that I needed to activate the card by using it at an ATM. When I attempted to link my card to PayPal upon returning home, I encountered difficulties and was unable to complete the process.

I promptly contacted my bank, and they informed me that they had received a request from PayPal to link my card, but it was declined due to the card not being active. Taking their advice, on May 25th, I visited my bank and added 5 USD to my card, successfully activating it at the ATM.

Upon returning home, I made another attempt to link my card to PayPal. Regrettably, I encountered the same issue and was unable to establish the connection. Following this, I contacted PayPal, and they informed me that my bank had declined the transaction. Per their suggestion, I reached out to my bank once again.

To my surprise, the bank stated that they had not received any request from PayPal regarding my card, and they assured me that my card was functioning correctly. I decided to test my card by adding an additional 8 USD to my account and making a purchase on AliExpress. The transaction with AliExpress went smoothly, confirming that my card can indeed be used for online transactions.

The only remaining issue seems to be with PayPal. I kindly request that you conduct a thorough investigation of my account to ensure that everything is in proper working order. As mentioned, my card is fully functional, and I cannot identify any reason for this ongoing problem. Since May 24th, my bank has not received any card linking requests from PayPal.

I sincerely appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter and look forward to a swift resolution.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Yours faithfully,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MilosAleksic
New Community Member

By the way, PayPal did nothing about this. Just tells me to wait for 24 hours then 72hours, I've got bills to pay.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MilosAleksic

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues adding your card to your PayPal wallet. I understand how concerning it can be. Have you tried the steps in this Help Center article: Why can’t I link my credit or debit card to my PayPal account?

If those don't help, you may want to continue to work with our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.