Sorry, we can't link your bank account right now

Coffeelife33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to link a new bank account to my Paypal Business account, but it gives me this error message: "Sorry, we can't link your bank account right now".

All the bank account information is correct, it is even at the same bank my previously linked account is.

I am now stuck with an old bank account, that can't receive payments anymore as the account number has been updated by the bank. However I can not update it within Paypal.

So all the money is stuck and I can't run my business, as its limits my cashflow drastically.

I tried to contact Paypal via Phone multiple times, but unfortunately there is no phone support due to covid.

This is completely reasonable, however some support via chat or email would be great.

Because via Email I only get the same canned, automatic answers. And if I actually get a real person replying to me, they just tell me to wait a few days and try again, or adding another bank account.

It feels like I am completely stuck and helpless, nobody really seems to care or wants to help resolving this issue.

I Kindly would like to ask PayPal to at least improve their email/chat support for as long as they don't have the phone support.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Coffeelife33
Contributor
Contributor

It's been 2 weeks and nothing happened. I keep trying every 72 hours, as the paypal support via message suggests. But no luck and no one is able to help.

If anyone form Paypal Team sees this I would really appreciate it if you could help me resolve this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Login to Me Too

Coffeelife33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, Its been more than 4 weeks with no solution at all.

The customer service is pretty much non existent. Their new "live chat" function is not live at all. My first message took 2 full days to get noticed.

I got promised that a representative will call me to do a live authentication via phone call, which will reset the security limitation to add my bank account.

Well guess what, its been 5 days and no one called me.

I also have a new live chat open from 4 days ago, with no reply at all.

This is absolutely frustrating and I Kindly would like to ask if someone can actually help to resolve this problem.

There is almost no way to get a hold of someone and it's impossible to run my business a all the revenue is stuck in the account, with no way to withdraw. It puts my whole company in a very unpleasant position as my cashflow is reaching its limit.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Login to Me Too

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve your issue?

I have the same problem...

Thanks,

Nora

Login to Me Too

overxposure
Contributor
Contributor

No. My PayPal account is not only as USELESS as their absent support is, but I have lost HUNDREDS of dollars that I could not "accept" anymore. They did attempt to call me a couple of times but never tried again. There is ZERO phone support and the **bleep** who do "chat" support are an insult not only to America, but any human being trying to use this lame-**bleep** product. PayPal RUINED their product and then their support just disappeared. I am using Cash.App and Zelle now - and PayPal FORCED me to seek alternatives.

Login to Me Too

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

@overxposure 😞 Thanks for your answer!

Login to Me Too

overxposure
Contributor
Contributor

It's been more than 3 months that PayPal has made the sorry excuse of COVID being the reason they refuse to offer support to their customers except for some coolies overseas who read scripts and cannot actually do anything to help but are more than glad to waste your time, including giving irrelevant responses and refusing to escalate to someone who is actually enabled, particularly any kind of "manager". They are as useless as my PayPal account has been rendered to be. 

There was ONE piece of valuable advice that one of them gave me, and that was to use another service. Cash.App and Zelle (as I mentioned earlier) are great so far. There's also Stripe and if you need to offer monthly subscriptions, there's also Patreon. I was told straight up to take my business elsewhere and PayPal's unwillingness to offer support after checking in some bad code rendering the service useless is an implied suggestion that they hate their customers and do not want our business. Well, Elon Musk and his nefarious partner Teal have made their billions and have moved on. I guess PayPal has become tired of continuing its reign, especially when they are so arrogant as to dismiss their customers in a time where there have never been more viable alternatives. After nearly 20 years of loyal patronage, even LOSING customers because they HATED using PayPal, I get the message loud and clear and you should too. I literally LOST HUNDREDS of dollars during this period where no support was offered and they sabotaged their own service. I'm done with PayPal and their arrogance. It was probably even an offshored and underqualified so-called "software engineer" that introduced the bug that is stopping you and me from using this service. I hope it costs them BILLIONS.

Login to Me Too

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

Customer Service actually helped me to resolve my issue yesterday. I'm sorry to hear you a had a bad experience.

Login to Me Too

overxposure
Contributor
Contributor

So nice of them to remember ME after ALL THESE MONTHS and now with lost money that they sent back to my payers. 

Mind if I ask if you actually got phone support? How did they help you to solve this problem? I've literally tried DOZENS of ways, leading them to freezing my account for trying to solve the problem on my own when their chat support towelies failed.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it was phone support. And actually it turned out that I had too many bad attempts to set up my bank account, so by the time I figured out what is the exact information I should type in, I locked myself out... This is why I received the 'sorry...' message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.