Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts.

Laurapell
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my bank account but get the following message:  Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts.

I have no other paypal accounts now.  I did in the past but closed it years ago.  How can i link my bank account to the new account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurapell 

Maybe this is why?

• The bank account has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts (in total) in the past. A bank account cannot be linked to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-add-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account--faq...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurapell 

Maybe this is why?

• The bank account has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts (in total) in the past. A bank account cannot be linked to any more than 3 PayPal accounts over its lifetime.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-add-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account--faq...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laurapell
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!

Login to Me Too

gwhizofmdr
New Community Member

The error message says "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

It doesn't say anything about our "bank account number" It says that "bank" has reached the maximum number of PayPal accounts.

This means that PayPal limits the number of PayPal accounts it will allow to be connected to any one bank.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gwhizofmdr 

Nope that's rubbish.

It means if you are trying to add your bank but have already linked it 3 times to your existing or older paypal accounts then you have used up your 'lives' for that bank on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.