'Some banks and cards don’t accept transfers just yet' error message

Dots127
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm new to PayPal. I've linked my South African Bank Account to my profile but when I try to transfer my funds to it, I get this message: 

'Some banks and cards don’t accept transfers just yet'

FNB is the only South African bank, to my knowledge, that can be linked to PayPal. I've followed all these steps, but I can't seem to get my funds out. In the banking app itself it also tells me to link my profile, but it has been linked on PayPal and all the details are there. I've entered the verification code and it's linked. So, I don't know what to do. 

Please help. 

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Melthane

2022 and this is still an issue!

I can't withdraw to my frist direct account and my wife can't wuthdraw to her South African account. Been on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this and I've had these answers so far:

-Try confirming the card (didn't work)
-Try adding the account again (gave an error message - "can't procees your request right now")
-"It's a system error, we'll log it" (OP here was like, 2019, so I doubt it)
-Transfer funds to a friend with paypal and have them withdraw the funds then send them to my account. (No. Just no.)

So far, no one I've talked to seems to be aware that some cards can't be used despite what we're being told. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.