Sending Crypto From Paypal To External Wallet

mtmark101
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently purchased Litecoin with the intention of sending it to my personal Litecoin wallet.  I can't seem to find any option to do this.  There doesn't seem to be any options to do options to do this with any other coins like Bitcoin, i.e. sending Bitcoin to external Bitcoin Wallet.

If this is indeed the case, buying crypto at PayPal is little more than a very limited cash exchange that doesn't really even give you the opportunity to own crypto.  I hope that isn't the case.  I must be missing something here?  

Is there a way to send my crypto holdings to an external wallet?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

efactor
New Community Member

The crypto you bought is technically owned by Paypal. You only have the option to exchange it back to cash. Not your private keys not your coins.

Login to Me Too

TalleyWacker
New Community Member
They finally got the sell bottom on here to work so I'm good now I'm not buying anymore from them unless they give me a good reason to. I'm going to stick to more legit sites
Login to Me Too

radpiano
Contributor
Contributor

Understood... however def not made clear. One thinks when you buy crypto you can use it how you wish. 

You know as currency 🙂  PP should be explicit in the fact it is an investment only. Really no different than a stock.

It is not Crypto Currency.

And they should be ashamed for implying as much.

Login to Me Too

bluesaffliction
Contributor
Contributor

For this reason I will not be using paypal's crypto service.   Revolut do the same thing you can't move assets out of the app. 

It is interesting that coinbase let you cash out your crypto sales directly into your Paypal account. this is a useful service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.