Sending Crypto From Paypal To External Wallet

mtmark101
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently purchased Litecoin with the intention of sending it to my personal Litecoin wallet.  I can't seem to find any option to do this.  There doesn't seem to be any options to do options to do this with any other coins like Bitcoin, i.e. sending Bitcoin to external Bitcoin Wallet.

If this is indeed the case, buying crypto at PayPal is little more than a very limited cash exchange that doesn't really even give you the opportunity to own crypto.  I hope that isn't the case.  I must be missing something here?  

Is there a way to send my crypto holdings to an external wallet?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Lancers32
Contributor
Contributor

No you cannot. PayPal holds the cryptos and the keys. The coins stay with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Lehtusbphree
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I can't find anything to send to external wallet. It's almost like this is a simulation but with your money. I can't figure out how to sell. PayPal is lacking the buttons with next on them. I just tried to answer a survey and there was no continue button
Login to Me Too

BCCap
Contributor
Contributor
You can only sell it and receive the funds $ in your PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

Lehtusbphree
Contributor
Contributor
the only problem I have in right now with PayPal is selling the crypto there is no next button there is no sale button there is no button period that sells anything I'll let customer service know and they are having their programmers on top of it but not fast enough when crypto gets an all-time high I can't sell **bleep** and that **bleep** me off and this is the last time I will ever buy crypto off PayPal
Login to Me Too

temp20210319
glad you learned. next time read TOS first. or google it ... join reddit or fb groups, they will all tell you not to buy via PayPal - not your keys = not your crypto.
Login to Me Too

U_kb-35mEkqBxH
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal was my very first foray into crypto just a few months ago. I was just getting my feet wet and a total noob. Still a total noob, but wiser now. At the time I bought it, I thought it would just be a pleasant way for me to watch a tiny investment grow over time, and maybe cash in some profits every now and then for coffee money. Now I realize crypto is far more than just that, with the potential for enormous profits, and for the most part should be held and not spent on coffee. lol! And if I want to invest a larger amount of funds, I need access to my funds so I can store them (NOT on PayPal) in a secure wallet with my own key(s). Now I'm waiting for the functionality to be added to PayPal, but it could be years, right? So thank God it was only a tiny amount of money. And any further transactions, if I decide to invest more, will be done on a proper, reputable exchange where I can transfer the coin OUT, and into a secure wallet.

Login to Me Too

Kirby_Johnson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same exact boat as this guy. I bought maybe 100 dollars worth of crypto on paypal before realizing that paypal treats crypto like a stock that can only be liquidated to USD instead of an actual currency. They have made strides like making paying with crypto viable on the platform, but still will not relent on sending to external wallets. 

Login to Me Too

Cajingurl
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** paypal if I can't take my crypto out I won't be using it for that.  **bleep** cost me 300.00 to buy what I got and now I've got to sell the **bleep**.  Probably cost another **bleep**ing 300.00

Login to Me Too

merlot12
New Community Member

YES, THEY SHOULD SAY IN BIG TYPING,  ITS JUST HOLDING (crypto)  MORE OF INVESTMENT, , WHATS THE POINT IF YOU CANT USE IT to BUY somthing.  YES i did not read the ten pages...MY LOSS $$  400   $$  they dropped  alot..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.