Send check

Trebor22
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have had a PayPal account for years; maybe 10, I have had the same bank account attached to it. I have a PayPal credit card, had it for probably 2 or 3 years and pay it each month with the bank but now all of a sudden, I am being asked to confirm the bank again. Apparently 2 small transactions were sent to my bank for me to confirm amounts, only problem is, I have gone through my statements with a fine-tooth comb and there is nothing. I have reset this 3 times now and there's nothing and nobody at PayPal is there to help. There's an option to instantly approve it by giving my bank account details such as my account number and PIN, not a chance i'm doing that and I feel this is a scam at this point. I can get no help at all and ready to leave PayPal altogether now over the frustration. I want to start sending paper checks, can anyone tell me if this is possible and where they are sent to please or any suggestions with the bank? 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Flippyflop
Contributor
Contributor

Who is asking you to verify your bank account again? Is this coming up in the PayPal app or PayPal.com itself? I’ve never heard of an institution initiating deposits to an account to be verified without the customer first asking for it. If PayPal is asking you to reverify your account you should be the one that has to initiate it. The instant verification is the easiest and fastest way to do it.

1. Log into your PayPal account. This could be your personal account or merchant account. The method is the same.
  2. Click the “Wallet” tab at the top of the page
  3. Find the “connect instantly” button on the confirm bank page.
  4. Enter your user ID and password for your online bank account. PayPal will verify these details with your bank. The confirmation process only takes a few minutes.
  5. If the details are confirmed, your bank account will be linked instantly to your PayPal account.

This is the random deposit method and as you can see you have to initiate connecting your account. PayPal won’t just start the process without you asking to link them.

1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click the “Wallet” tab at the top of the page
  3. You’ll see “Link a payment method”. Click that link
  4. Click “bank account”
  5. Select the type of bank account
  6. Enter your bank account details
  7. Read the terms and conditions
  8. Click “agree and link”
  9. PayPal will send two random deposits to your account. They are typically a couple of cents. It takes up to 6 business days to appear in your account depending on your financial institution. You’ll find them listed on your bank account statement. The sender is listed as “PayPal”. There is no transfer fee - the deposits are at PayPal's expense.
  10. Once you see the two random deposits on your bank statement, you need to confirm them. Log back into your PayPal account and head to “my wallet” again.
  11. Click the bank account you are confirming.
  12. You’ll be prompted to enter the exact amounts that were deposited into your account. Enter them and click “submit”.
  13. You'll get a confirmation that your bank is linked via email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.